cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin TV go app

Maxwellplum
Dialled in

Does anyone else have issues with the app. Almost every time I try to watch on my iPad, it gives error messages saying either you are not connected to the home network (I always am) or change setting to Local Network (that is also on). I have to keep turning it off resetting wifi and can take ages before it eventually plays a programme. If I then pause for a reason it usually stops playing and I have to start the resetting all over.

I have also tried using different browsers, Google. Firefox, edge, safari etc no difference 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️

I have reported it several times and it manage to get an engineer out recently but although they tried to help it isn’t something they really deal with (really…😱) they reset hub told me to stop renaming it or giving new password but still no improvement.

this is such a shame as it’s a great app when it works; I much prefer to watch stuff on my iPad while my husband watches sport etc on TV.

when are virgin going to fix this? I’ve had the same issues even when I had TiVo box, now have 360 but no changes. Surely some guru at virgin must know how to fix this permanently 🥴😡

am I alone with this problem? 

115 REPLIES 115

Thanks for the reply @Maxwellplum on the forum.

I do apologise about the delay in getting a response.
Please reach out to the agent in the private chat so that they may update you regarding this.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

I have reached out to those agents and this is the automated response I get……so no help whatsoever 😡

Unsolicited PM

Hi,

You're receiving this message as you recently sent a private message to one of our staff members.

Although we love you to get in touch, could we please request you not send Private Messages to members of the Help and Support Team unless specifically requested, as we are unable to provide direct support in this manner.

If you have not already done so, could you please post a new thread in the Forums and we'll respond as soon as we can. In the meantime other members of the community may be able to provide assistance.

Kind regards,

Community Moderators

Maxwellplum

You are certainly not alone in this issue I have been speaking to so called Virgin experts for almost a year now and keep getting fobbed off with “your device is not up to date” when it is. “You must be connected to the same WiFi network” which I am. “Make sure your box is switched on” which it is as I am sat in the same room while my wife is watching a tv programme through the box. “Your iPad is not compatible with the app” which is rubbish because after restarting the app about 10 to 15 times at one point the app does get a CPE IP Address and works.

Also if the iPad and the app are not compatible then WHY on the home page of the app does it show the last recorded programme I watched and when I go to saved programmes all of my programmes are there but I can’t watch them BECAUSE THERE IS NO CPE IP ADDRESS. In the diagnostics section of the setting it says UNKNOWN!!!!!!!!!

It seems to me Virgin don’t give a stuff about sorting this problem out. They are really quick to increase your monthly fee or get there Indian call centre to KEEP ringing you to get you to upgrade. WELL PUT SOME EFFORT VIRGIN INTO GIVING YOUR CUS5OME A GODD CUSTOMER SERVICE….

Hello Retiredatast.

Thanks for your post.

I am sorry to hear you are still having the dame issue with the App.

There is possible solution that we can look at, But this would mean swapping the box and losing your recordings.

Which I guess is not ideal for you?

Gareth_L

Hello Gareth_L

no this is not a solution I want to do, surely you can do an update overnight or something!!

the app is clearly attached to the box as the home page shows the last programme I watched and all of my recordings are in the Saved section it’s just this blasted CPE IP a address that is the problem.

if I restart the box then I get an IP address but this only lasts about 24 hours or less and we are then back to square one with no CPE IP Address.

the IP address stays on my Samsung phone but not the iPad!!!!

I asked virgin to do this before I had recorded all my stuff for Xmas, when I was happy to lose few bits that were in there, they said no. I asked them to swap the hub, they said no….

Just what are Virgin prepared to do to resolve this issue that has obviously been happening to lots of people for over a year. 

I don’t think swapping the box will help as I had same issues with the TiVo box. I assumed swapping to the 360 box which is sold as being fabulous , would resolve the issue but it is even worse.. you can’t retrieve anything you’ve deleted, you don’t have same control of recordings, if you try to cancel one episode, it cancels everything 🤷‍♀️ The 360 box is much worse than TIVo.

The issue of the TV GO App always says it is the network so why can’t we at least try a better stronger hub or better WIFI (Free of charge for all the inconvenience )? 

A show of goodwill from Virgin would really help as at the moment we all think you just don’t care. No one gets back to you, and when someone contacts you it’s a different person who asks you to do all the same things we’ve done a hundreds of times. So, so frustrating 😡😡

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

IMHO This issue would not be resolved by any hardware change.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks, I probably agree but my point is Virgin are not even trying anything to resolve it, I also think it’s a software issue that should be easy to fix.

Well Said Maxwellplum

i am sure they could do an overnight update.

the more people that tell them about the same problem should make them do something.

I totally agree about speaking to different people and being asked the same questions over and over.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Maxwellplum,

Thank you for coming back to us. I'm very sorry to hear that you're unhappy with the option to have your equipment swapped out to have this issue resolved.

Software updates is not something we are responsible for and unable to complete this action as it's out of our range of ability.

Please let us know if you'd like to swap the equipment out to see if this can resolve your ongoing issue.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs