cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin TV go app

Maxwellplum
Dialled in

Does anyone else have issues with the app. Almost every time I try to watch on my iPad, it gives error messages saying either you are not connected to the home network (I always am) or change setting to Local Network (that is also on). I have to keep turning it off resetting wifi and can take ages before it eventually plays a programme. If I then pause for a reason it usually stops playing and I have to start the resetting all over.

I have also tried using different browsers, Google. Firefox, edge, safari etc no difference 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️

I have reported it several times and it manage to get an engineer out recently but although they tried to help it isn’t something they really deal with (really…😱) they reset hub told me to stop renaming it or giving new password but still no improvement.

this is such a shame as it’s a great app when it works; I much prefer to watch stuff on my iPad while my husband watches sport etc on TV.

when are virgin going to fix this? I’ve had the same issues even when I had TiVo box, now have 360 but no changes. Surely some guru at virgin must know how to fix this permanently 🥴😡

am I alone with this problem? 

115 REPLIES 115

Johnjo5
Joining in

Hi I'd like to reset all my devices on the virgin tv go app any ideas

Hey @Johnjo5,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post your issue on the forums.
I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with your Virgin TV go app, I will be able to get your devices reset but would need to confirm a few details via a private message, that I will drop over in a moment. Please look out for the private message and we can get started.
Regards,
Steven_L

Thanks for confirming your details via private message @Johnjo5.

I have now reset your TV go app, this takes immediate affect and you will need to register all new devices to use them the app on them.

Regards,

Steven_L

Brilliant thanks you so much...

Will this log out the devices automatically 

Hi Johnjo5, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this one. 

It may not log you out of the app but it will require you to re-register the devices one by one. 

Let us know if you have any further issues. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Debow72
On our wavelength

Was this ever solved as it happens to me virtually every day and its very tedious having to keep closing the app and going to settings, turning WiFi off and back on and going back to the app etc...so long winded when I'm connected to my WiFi already 

No, still unresolved 😡😡 they take your details but never get back to you. I’ve had this issue so long 

Debow72
On our wavelength

God how annoying.  I've looked on here many times for answers in the past..can't understand why it always thinks you're not connected to your home network.   Never had this bother before upgrading to the 360.

It did happen occasionally with my old TiVo box but was working 80% of the time. With the new 360 box I’m lucky if it works 1% of the time. Crazy