cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin TV go app

Maxwellplum
Dialled in

Does anyone else have issues with the app. Almost every time I try to watch on my iPad, it gives error messages saying either you are not connected to the home network (I always am) or change setting to Local Network (that is also on). I have to keep turning it off resetting wifi and can take ages before it eventually plays a programme. If I then pause for a reason it usually stops playing and I have to start the resetting all over.

I have also tried using different browsers, Google. Firefox, edge, safari etc no difference 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️

I have reported it several times and it manage to get an engineer out recently but although they tried to help it isn’t something they really deal with (really…😱) they reset hub told me to stop renaming it or giving new password but still no improvement.

this is such a shame as it’s a great app when it works; I much prefer to watch stuff on my iPad while my husband watches sport etc on TV.

when are virgin going to fix this? I’ve had the same issues even when I had TiVo box, now have 360 but no changes. Surely some guru at virgin must know how to fix this permanently 🥴😡

am I alone with this problem? 

115 REPLIES 115

Hi @Maxwellplum thanks for your reply - sincere apologies we've not got back to you.

I know you were speaking to a colleague via PM about this, so I've sent an email to them to chase for any further updates here.

As soon as they've been able to review what's happened here, they'll come back to you - thanks for your patience in the meantime.

Many thanks

Tom_W

Carley, any further information about this issue as it is still happening most of the time.

Hi Maxwellplum

Thanks for coming back to us. I have reached out to my colleague for further information as she's back in tomorrow 🙂

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Still not heard anything but another matter can you confirm that I should be able download recorded programmes onTV go. I have a virgin 360 box but whatever programme I try to download I just don’t see the option 🤷‍♀️🙈

Maxwellplum
Dialled in

Does anyone know how I am to able download recorded programmes onTV go; to watch when away from home using different wifi connection (like Netflix and Amazon prime)?

I have a virgin 360 box but whatever programme I try to download I just don’t see the option🥴🤷‍♀️

Hi @Maxwellplum, thanks for coming back to our Community Forums.

I've been able to advise my colleague of your post and have been advised she will be in touch with you when she's next online, on Monday.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Maxwellplum 

A simple answer to your recent question.

You can’t download recordings from a TV 360 to the Virgin TV Go app.

Downloading is limited to certain Boxsets.

Navigate to the downloadable section of Boxsets & Movies on the Virgin TV Go app.

4523068F-192A-4F5A-9D52-E89CC095E9B8.jpeg

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there Maxwellplum, thanks for posting on our help forum and for your question.

Please, visit this link here for our TV-Go App guide and how to download and manage your TV box programmes and shows.
If you have a 360 TV Box, then you can download on demand programmes to watch later while offline.
Is this a TV 360 or a V6 box you have there (on V6 we would have done a software upgrade without replacing the box)?

Let us know of the above, we're happy to help.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

We have a 360 box and even looking through the box sets. I couldn’t find any free content available for download. Why can’t I download my own recorded content if this is available via V6 and previous boxes, surely this 360 is supposed to be the latest technology?

very disappointing as already there is no way to recover deleted recordings (if done in error) or even the same recording options; I find my recordings either record the same episode several times or just miss out some. Overall it’s not really a progression from the v6.

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I don’t know why download of recordings from TV 360 is not available as you could do so for V6 via the Virgin TV Control app.

There is plenty to download. Best to go via Boxsets & Movies then CHANNELS, choosing which channel your type of program is on.

Some idea of what you normally record on which channel would be a help in finding if this is available for you.

As an example, all series, including the current, are available to download for New Amsterdam on Sky Witness. Here is an example of the first episode of the current series being downloaded to my iPad:

3405D833-6E5A-43A0-9EEF-FB1FF4D6D990.png

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks