cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Control App - Setup Streaming Devices

awtaylor
Tuning in

I have 2 V6 boxes - one in the living room, one in the bedroom. Both show up on the Virgin TV Control app on my Android mobile. And until now everything worked fine and I could stream recorded shows on either box to the other or to my phone (when on the same home network as the boxes - which BTW is also Virginmedia).

However, when I tried earlier today (after phone and app recently update) it re-scanned the network, found both devices, and offered to set up straming to them. Living room - no problem. Bedroom though it sticks when checking activation status and says the account I'm logged in on the app isn't the same as on the streaming device (i.e  the V6 box). It then gives me a login option to TiVo and that won't accept my VM account credentials or allow me to create a new account (restricted to being in the US by the look of it).

I'm assuming it is due to the app update given that call worked fine before, but then it's only one V6 that is doing this not both.

Anyone else having issues or got any suggestions?

9 REPLIES 9

Joseph_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @awtaylor,

Welcome back to the Community Forums and thanks for the post.

Sorry to hear that you are havign this issue. Can you confirm are you using the TV Go app, or the TV control app? Can you also delete the app from the phone and redownload it and give this a try on the box.

Let me know how this goes or if you need further help doing this.

Thanks. Joe

awtaylor
Tuning in

As stated in my original question - it's the Virgin TV Control app (TV Go doesn't stream recorded shows from your Virgin box or scan to find streaming devices).

And yes, I have tried deleting and reinstalling the app (to no effect).

One update that is probably important - by switching the box the app is linked to (default my living room), the scan now authenticates that device but not the other (so the issue is not with any particular box but with the app's interaction with any device that is not the one it is primarily pointing at).

Hey @awtaylor,

Thanks for confirming all of this for us.

Rest assured I am looking into this for you, once I have an answer as to why the app is doing this with your boxes I will come back to you with further information, we ask that you bear with us whilst we are investigating this.

Thanks. Joe

Hey @awtaylor,

The team and I have been looking into this for you, would you please be able to confirm for me the phone you have as well as what operating system it is running off?

Thanks. Joe

It's a Samsung A32 running on Android 13. The TV Control version is 4.9.5-1443236 (27799641)

Hey @awtaylor,

Thanks for confirming this, I have passed this over so that we can continue to look into this, once I have further information I will update you. 

Cheers. Joe

Hey @awtaylor,

Thanks for being patient with us, I have had notification that this should now be working for you, if you can give it a try to get both TV boxes on the app and let me know how it goes.

Joe

Sorry Joe, still exactly the same as it was before.

The TV Control app on my phone is still the same version (no updates in the Google Play Store) so was it a V6 software upgrade that was made from your end? If so, how do I check that my 2 boxes have picked it up?

If it was neither an app or box update, how else would it now have suddenly started working (or the Virgin team think that it would)?

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@awtaylor wrote:

was it a V6 software upgrade that was made from your end? If so, how do I check that my 2 boxes have picked it up?

There's no SW drops doing the rounds as best I'm aware, but checking the firmware on both boxes would be a good comparison all the same.

Home > Help & Settings > System Info, check the third line down.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks