cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin TV go app

Maxwellplum
Dialled in

Does anyone else have issues with the app. Almost every time I try to watch on my iPad, it gives error messages saying either you are not connected to the home network (I always am) or change setting to Local Network (that is also on). I have to keep turning it off resetting wifi and can take ages before it eventually plays a programme. If I then pause for a reason it usually stops playing and I have to start the resetting all over.

I have also tried using different browsers, Google. Firefox, edge, safari etc no difference 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️

I have reported it several times and it manage to get an engineer out recently but although they tried to help it isn’t something they really deal with (really…😱) they reset hub told me to stop renaming it or giving new password but still no improvement.

this is such a shame as it’s a great app when it works; I much prefer to watch stuff on my iPad while my husband watches sport etc on TV.

when are virgin going to fix this? I’ve had the same issues even when I had TiVo box, now have 360 but no changes. Surely some guru at virgin must know how to fix this permanently 🥴😡

am I alone with this problem? 

115 REPLIES 115

Hi @Maxwellplum,

Thank you for your posts and welcome back to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm very sorry to hear that you seem to be having some ongoing issues with your Virgin TV Go app, and that it's happening on multiple devices too.

As you've mentioned getting an error message regarding not being connected to the home network, I assume this problem is only happening when watching back recordings? Or are you having problems watching other content on the app too?

If you haven't done so already, can you also try removing and then reinstalling the app to see if that alleviates the issue?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Thanks for response, yes you are correct only happens when I am watching prerecorded programming. I have tried deleting and resetting the app to no avail.

🤷‍♀️

Thank you for keeping us posted with this Maxwellplum. Do you have any screenshots of the error you're getting? 

^Martin

5B31636A-9B5F-4AF4-8BAA-BD0A1829F387.jpeg

Hi @Maxwellplum

Thank you for providing this screenshot. 

Can you make sure you box is on when you try and access the recordings and if it is not on, can you confirm what stand by mode you have the set to?

It will need to be in either Active Start (will need to wait a few minutes. The App will send a message to wake up the box over the network) or Fast Start (should be able to see recordings immediately when they use the App).

To check/change these settings you'll need to go to HOME > Settings > System > Standby Power Consumption. 

Please let me know if this has worked for you or if you have any issues with changing the standby mode. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

The settings are fine and this happens even when the tv is on and being watched by my husband. 🤷‍♀️

Hi @Maxwellplum

I have been looking into this for you and I think we'll need to raise this with our team to take a look. Please join me on private message so I can locate the account and pass account security with you. 

Here to help 🙂
Carley

Hi Carley, only recently joined this site so not to sure how to private message you; is this it? 🥴

Hi @Maxwellplum

Sorry only seen this message today. 

The forum team will message you first on private message to invite you into private message and start off the private conversation. You cannot private message us first. Hope that helps. I'll come back to you in our already open private conversation with any updates on the ticket I have raised.

Here to help 🙂
Carley

Maxwellplum
Dialled in

I agree, no one has ever got back to me about this. So frustrating