cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV control app not working after renewing contract

plantlover
On our wavelength

I renewed my Virgin contract last Wednesday. Subsequently I have lost the use of the TV control app on both iPad and iPhone. It gives the error message that I have signed in successfully but no valid TV account can be found. VM confirm the new contract has been set up and it shows on my Virgin media. In relation to the fault they only suggest reinstalling the app. This does not solve the problem. I have 2 V6 boxes and declined 360upgrade at renewal. Can anyone suggest the way forward now to get the app back working again?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thank you for sending this over.

We was aware of an issue affecting customers however this has now been resolved has this started working for you? 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

15 REPLIES 15

Daniel_Et
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @plantlover, thank you for your post.

We're sorry to hear about the problem you're experiencing 😔

Can you please confirm the exact wording of the error message you're getting? Also, are you getting any error codes?

Please pop back to us at your earliest convenience and we'll do our very best to help.

Regards,
Daniel

plantlover
On our wavelength

Here is the error message:

plantlover_1-1698781811162.jpeg

No other error messages. Your help much appreciated, thanks.

nikcalam
Tuning in

Same here after renewing my contract

Thank you for sending this over.

We was aware of an issue affecting customers however this has now been resolved has this started working for you? 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

plantlover
On our wavelength

Alas no, I have just deleted and reinstalled the app but still get the same error message.

plantlover
On our wavelength

I should add that the answer was helpful in acknowledging the problem but that it is NOT a solution. I should also add that all my software is fully up to date, I really don’t think there is anything further I can do from my end to remedy the situation and hope that the problem can be further explored as I definitely do have a valid TV contract and I have always found the app to be very useful. Hoping you will be able to help further…

l

Hi Plantlover 👋 Thank you for getting back to us!

Sorry to hear this issue with your access to TV Control is still ongoing. You should be using the same logins as your My VM account. Sometimes this can be resolved by resetting the My VM password and then trying to log in again. 

If you can please give this a go and let us know how you get on? If there is no further change we will likely need to get a ticket raised with IT for you. 

Thank you for your patience in the meantime! Wishing you all the best. 🌞

Molly

Im having the same issue, i have spoken twice with the help desk who have assured me they would put it right but no. Have just changed my password but still not working!!

plantlover
On our wavelength

I have also changed my passwords as instructed, but it has made no difference, the same error message still appears after reinstalling the app again and using the new password. I think an IT ticket will be required and hope that at an individual level something can be achieved to rectify the situation.