cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V6 box problems after returning to Virgin

gunner81uk
On our wavelength

I have just returned to Virgin for my TV after leaving Sky.  I signed up for an offer of virgin tv360 with tv mix and sky sports.  I've had nothing but problems connecting since plugging the box back in.  I had an email saying that my contract started yesterday but I couldn't get any channels so spent nearly an hour yesterday and 45 minutes this morning to a Indian call centre. Only today did my online account show a TV package.  finally after todays call I can see my channels but it keeps showing Virgin media service unavailable when I change channels.  I can't access any apps or use catch up or on demand.  When I press guide it says my account is not set up correctly with error code M63.  I've explained all this to the call centres and they keep reassuring me it will fix itself.  Also When I mentioned about having the 360 box I had to explain to them that I needed a new remote to upgrade my V6 box.  Even though my contract says V360 It seems that a remote was never ordered but they assured me now that they have ordered one for me.  But unless I can connect to apps I wont be able to install the upgrade anyway.  Also the menu screen keeps saying Service activation required.  I'm really thinking about exercising my 14 day cooling off period, my contract shouldn't start until all functions are working and I've upgrded to 360.  Any help would be appreciated

8 REPLIES 8

gunner81uk
On our wavelength

Update on this, I took someones advice and Held the power button and plus button for 30 seconds after which it downloaded something and now its asking me to pair my remote, trouble is it's the new 360 remote that I don't have and my V6 remote is no longer working so now I have nothing...........

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

VM don't re-activate boxes once they have been removed from an account. The box MAC address is no longer on the system, so cannot be re-activated. They will need to send you a new one out with a V360 remote.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Not what they have told me, said the box was still on my account.  The box was up and running with channels until I pressed them buttons, but I couldn't access  record, box sets, catchup etc.  Now its gone back to the original welcome screen and asking me to input my country and asking me to pair my remote with a picture of the new 360 remote but I can't with the old remote, been told there's a new 360 remote being sent to me this week so will see when it turns up I suppose

Hey gunner81uk,

Welcome back to the community and thanks for taking the time to post. I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with your TV service at the moment. I can confirm that the remote has been ordered and will be with you very soon, if its not with you already. 

Are you able to confirm, if you have received the remote or not and been able to upgrade your TV box to the 360 software?

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@gunner81uk wrote:

Not what they have told me, said the box was still on my account.

I'm going to concur with nodrogd here - if you're effectively a new customer to VM, then there's no choice in TiVo/V6 or TV360 - the latter is compulsory.

It's quite likely your legacy V6 is at least part of the problem here.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi Steven

No sign of the remote yet and todays mail has been.  Pretty frustrating really as I'm paying for the service.  Will update you when it arrives.

Box has updated with no problems after receiving the new remote.  All working as intended

Remote has arrived and V6 box updated to 360 straight away.  Everything seems to be working as advertised 😁