cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

360 Feedback

Techyphobe
Joining in

The 360 box is a terrible retrograde step.  Below are the faults I have found with it.  Some intermittent, some constant.  The V6 box was far superior. Virgin's response seems to be lump it, we don't care.  It suits us so there.  When we are out of contract will be going to Freeserve.

1. Doesn’t let you get into apps, e.g. You Tube,  message “Sorry (name of app) isn’t launching at the moment.  Please try again later. CS2400 or CS2214) and need to switch off and on again.
  2. Goes black when changing channels and need to switch off and on again.
  3. Stops replaying recorded programmes with an error message instructing to contact Virgin Media.
  4. Doesn’t record radio.
  5. Need to go to a separate list to play radio stations.
  6. Recordings programmed to start recording 5 mins before start of programme and finish 15 minutes after the end. Even so recording still starts after the beginning of a programme and stops before the end of the programme.
  7. Recordings and planned recordings all deleted on many occasions even though no-one has done anything.
  8. No undelete facility.
  9. Too easy to accidentally delete a recording from the list as when deleting one and then returning to the list the delete instruction is still current.
  10. Subtitles from a recorded programme remains on the screen when live TV is watched.
  11. Pause does not work on live programmes.
  12. Says there is no signal when the box light is on i.e. white.
6 REPLIES 6

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Techyphobe wrote:

When we are out of contract will be going to Freeserve.

I think you might mean Freeeview! Which is fine if that suits you, but you're comparing apples with oranges - VM is a pay-TV operator & TV360 is your TV box software. Freeview is a free-to-air TV platform.

Points 1, 2, 3, 6, 7, 11 & 12 sound to me like your box has a fault, potentially hard-drive related.

Points 4, 5 & 8 are well-documented differences between TV360 & TiVo/V6.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Techyphobe wrote:

The 360 box is a terrible retrograde step.  Below are the faults I have found with it.  Some intermittent, some constant.  The V6 box was far superior. Virgin's response seems to be lump it, we don't care.  It suits us so there.  When we are out of contract will be going to Freeserve.

1. Doesn’t let you get into apps, e.g. You Tube,  message “Sorry (name of app) isn’t launching at the moment.  Please try again later. CS2400 or CS2214) and need to switch off and on again.  That's a known fault which is being investigated
  2. Goes black when changing channels and need to switch off and on again. This may be due to a difference in frame rates. Go to Settings >Audio & Video > Match frame rate   If it's set to ON then people do see a blackout when the 360 or HDMI reconfigures for the difference in frame rate. If it's set to the default (Off) then the box just accepts the frame rate difference which isn't noticeable by most users and shouldn't blank the screen out. 
  3. Stops replaying recorded programmes with an error message instructing to contact Virgin Media.  What is the error code displayed when this happens?   Do you have any problems if you pause live TV for a couple of minutes and then press play ? If so this could be a hard drive fault.
  4. Doesn’t record radio.  There aren't any radio channels, hence they don't appear in the EPG and can't be recorded
  5. Need to go to a separate list to play radio stations.  The radio stations are played via the BBC Sounds app and the Radioline app. You can sometimes use the BBC Sounds app to play content that has already been broadcast. You can use the voice control button on the 360 remote to open various radio stations eg say, "Radio 2", "Radio 5 live", "Smooth radio" you can even so this whilst watching a live TV program.  Also if you ascroll down to the bottom of the Home page you will see a list of your most recently opened radio stations which you can click on to open.
  6. Recordings programmed to start recording 5 mins before start of programme and finish 15 minutes after the end. Even so recording still starts after the beginning of a programme and stops before the end of the programme.
  7. Recordings and planned recordings all deleted on many occasions even though no-one has done anything.  This may be a box issue.  How much free space is showing under  Recordings > Recorded > View All (It's shown as a percentage in the top left of the screen)
  8. No undelete facility. We've been asking for this since the 360 was first introduced.
  9. Too easy to accidentally delete a recording from the list as when deleting one and then returning to the list the delete instruction is still current.
  10. Subtitles from a recorded programme remains on the screen when live TV is watched.  
  11. Pause does not work on live programmes.   As per one of the answers to question 3 -  Do you have any problems if you pause live TV for a couple of minutes and then press play ? If so this could be a hard drive fault.   If you have two 360 boxes then the mini box doesn't have a hard drive and so it  can only pause live TV for a couple of minutes.  If you are using a mini box and want to pause for longer than 5 minutes then you need to set it to record (the recording will be made on the main box so you can play it back from the paused point).
  12. Says there is no signal when the box light is on i.e. white. 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

roy247
Community elder

If the 360 is deleting your recordings and planned recordings it's a sign that the box is faulty, especially if it's done it more than once. You can either call Virgin on 150 from a Virgin phone, mobile or landline, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone to report a fault, or wait here for one of the forum team to pick this up which might be 2 to 3 day's.

When phoning choose the option to report a fault, then ignore all the options offered and you should then be placed into a queue to speak to someone.

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Techyphobe wrote:

Virgin's response seems to be lump it, we don't care.  It suits us so there.

Virgin has had very little say in the matter. V360 runs on the Horizon TV platform, which is their parent company's system.

The radio stations run through an app, as Horizon was never designed to carry radio. In the rest of Liberty Global's operations in Europe radio was removed from cable TV systems at the turn of the millennium.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Techyphobe
Joining in

We have been with Virgin for years and have had really good service up to and including the V6 Box.  We have often recommended them to friends.  We were  persuaded to 'upgrade' to the 360 Box.  How I wish we hadn't.  Below are problems we have encountered - some permanent, some intermittent.  I suggest anyone refused to upgrade.

1. Doesn’t let you get into apps, e.g. You Tube,  message “Sorry (name of app) isn’t launching at the moment.  Please try again later. CS2400 or CS2214) and need to switch off and on again. (Intermittent)
  2. Goes black when changing channels and need to switch off and on again. (Intermittent)
  3. Stops replaying recorded programmes with an error message instructing to contact Virgin Media. (Intermittent)
  4. Doesn’t record radio.(could on the V6)
  5. Need to go to a separate list to play radio stations. (not on the V6)
  6. Recordings programmed to start recording 5 mins before start of programme and finish 15 minutes after the end.  Recording still starts after the beginning of a programme and stops before the end of the programme. (nearly always).
  7. Recordings and planned recordings all deleted on many occasions even though no-one has done anything.(sometimes after a forced reboot but also with no intervention),  This is REALLY annoying.
  8. No undelete facility. (could on the V6)
  10. Subtitles from a recorded programme remains on the screen when live TV is watched.(intermittent)
  11. Pause does not work on live programmes.(intermittent)
  12. Says there is no signal when the box light is on white.(intermittent).

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey Techyphobe, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry to hear this.

I would like to  look into this because as mentioned it could be a fault.

Please look out for my DM, 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?