cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

due to be connected in august advice needed

tree1
Joining in

hi all so i'm due to be connected to virgin media broadband in august i picked the self set up option and expecting to get the hub 5 but my question is i checked where my wall socket is and opened it up is this okay to use with the hub 5 or would i need to get a new wall socket i shown shots of my wall socket and what i think i would need if i had to get a new one or if i'm wrong can some one point me to in the right direction thx and yes i cleaned that area now lolIMG_6047.jpgbox.jpgs-l1600.pngs-l1600 (1).pngs-l1600 (2).png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

all you have there is ok - old - slightly tired and a bit dirty but ok

wait for whatever hub you get - connect the cable that cones with it to the isolator in the box - activate the hub via 0800 953 9500 and hope all the cables from you back to the cab are good - if they are you will connect - if not look forward to hassle getting it sorted

Tony.
Sacked VIP

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

tree1
Joining in

also to add if what i have is okay do i have to keep the isolated system outlet connected when i set up or does that have to be removed?

Client62
Legend

If for any reason installation assistance is required / preferred : Call the Pre-installation and delivery team on 0800 052 1734. Explain what needs to be done and book an engineer visit.

VM go live slippage is notorious at the moment, so don't call to cancel your existing ISP until after the VM kit has been installed and has been correctly running for a few weeks to a month.

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

all you have there is ok - old - slightly tired and a bit dirty but ok

wait for whatever hub you get - connect the cable that cones with it to the isolator in the box - activate the hub via 0800 953 9500 and hope all the cables from you back to the cab are good - if they are you will connect - if not look forward to hassle getting it sorted

Tony.
Sacked VIP

@tree1 wrote:

also to add if what i have is okay do i have to keep the isolated system outlet connected when i set up or does that have to be removed?

I have an NTL wall box which works with a HUB 5 just fine.

You can keep the isolator connected.

thx for that yeh i've give it a good clean now and will do call if i have issues thx

thank you for the answer nice to know i should be good when it gets here 🙂

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Agree with @carl_pearce   My old faded NTL socket is still working after too many years to remember  😉

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks