cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving house with seperate move out and move in dates

ARawls
Joining in

I'm moving house soon, however I'm not moving into my new property until a few weeks later. The property I'm moving in to is connected to the Virgin Media network, so I want to take my current broadband package with me as we still have 6 months or so on the fixed term. So, I see a couple of possible scenarios:

1) I take the router with me, then, once I move into the new property, get setup and continue with my current package, and just continue paying the bil throughout, including the few weeks between moving out and moving in.

2) I do the above but pause my package, and billing for the few weeks I won;t be using the wifi, then restart payments once setup in the new property.

Does anyone have any experience of this scenario? Will I be able to provide seperate move out and reinstallation dates?

2 REPLIES 2

Omadawn
Up to speed

As far as I am aware, VM do not and never had a procedure to allow for ‘pausing’ an account and you not paying - whilst under contract, you are expected to be paying them the stipulated amount each month, irrespective of whether or not you are actually using it.

I think you will need to go with option 1, but only tell them the date you are expecting to move into the new property. Disconnect the hub etc. and keep it safe. Don’t confuse the issue unnecessarily with different dates etc., they are unlikely to have any method for properly handling this and it’s likely to just cause issues down the line.

Once you move in, connect the hub up - hopefully it’ll work, if not then you will need to call them to get them to active the hub against the new connection.

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi ARawls 👋

Thanks for posting, and welcome to the Community Forums.

As mentioned by Omadawn; we don't provide any form of account pausing or "payment breaks". It would be best to speak with our dedicated Movers Team, who will be able to assist with the move and get things prepared for you.

You can speak to them by calling 📞 0345 454 1111 (Opt 4 - Opt 3).

Cheers,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ