cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User already logged in (when not) on hub

wiry
On our wavelength

Recently, when I want to configure my hub 3.0 for port forwarding etc, I get this when I try to log in. No one is logged in, I even made sure to log out of my last session, but it still does this:
"Please Note!
Someone else is currently logged into the settings page. Only one session at a time is allowed. Please try again later."

I've had to reboot my hub 3.0 with the pin button to fix this, only for it to come back when I try to log in the second time, unplugging the hub 3.0 from power doesn't make a difference (I had it disconnected for 10/15 minutes and it still didn't work afterwards).

note.png

196 REPLIES 196

I have recently received a booster and when trying to set it up today have run into exactly this issue. I have wasted an inordinate amount of time trying to sort this out today and am feeling excessively grumpy as a result...

Z92
Trouble shooter

emmaldavey, it's not gong to get much better so just... eat chocolate 😊

tiho26
Joining in

last night I decided to change my router password and the problem started for me after that. I've tried to log in (on PC)  a few times and same problem/ message as yours. I've tried a few hours later and same...no luck. today I've tried again ( Windows10- PC browser)  and same so I went to my phone app (Samsung Galaxy-S7) and the app was asking for log in details. I loged in with Email and pass and I was in then the app made some setting and all good. then I've tried again on the PC/laptop and the problem was no more. log in from the first time to the router settings like never had a problem. not sure if this solved it in long term but it is fine at the moment. hope this helps to someone. will edit this if the problem come back again. good luck. 

Update 2 days later: ok, I've tried again today and it is still showing the same message, so the problem is not solved for me yet   😞

MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta

Try this ...

The Connect App seems to have more bugs than a tramps vest.

My advice ...

Uninstall the Connect App.

Reboot your phone.

Forget about the app.

Factory reset the Hub using this exact method ...

DO NOT DO THIS if the password on the base of the Hub is not legible or missing.

Instructions for Hub 3

Disconnect all unneeded ethernet cables from the rear of the Hub.

With the Hub Powered on use a paperclip or similar and do a pinhole reset.

Depress the pinhole switch for a timed 60 seconds then release.

DO NOT reboot the hub but allow it 5 to 10 minutes for it to boot itself up.

Once a steady white and no other lights are illuminated check your system again.

Save your sanity and health still forget about the Connect App.

Use the Hub GUI at 192.168.0.1 in your browser.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.

Hello everyone.

Glad its not just me having this issue.

I have never used the app to log in, just type 192.168.0.1 in a new window within the browser, Google, Edge, Firefox, Opera and have this issue all the time, certainly over the last 12 months.

So its not an app issue (with me), always log out before closing the page, reset the router last Thursday, went away for the weekend on a short break, tried to log in tonight, same old issue.

I am out of contract on the 16/9/2020 with VM, so I might be leaving. Been with them since the cable & wireless days (15 plus years).

A shame really as never had problems with broadband, just technical help which is poor.

steve.

I've just joined due to this problem. You'll notice I’m typing in caps - this is deliberate because vm and moderators are ignoring our pleas to resolve this ongoing problem, blaming it instead on other issues and wasting our valuable time, asking us to do the same checks over and over again and I’m absolutely sick of it. I have no connect app at all. I've tried everything that has mentioned on this thread and many others, from different browsers, computers to resetting the pin, but the problem comes back and i get the same message stating that someone is logged in.

We customers should get together and make a joint complaint as clearly this incompetent and greedy company is not interested in us, otherwise they would have resolved it by now.

I want my money back or they need to replace our routers which seem to be the issue.

I doubt if I’ll even get a response.

karmic1
On our wavelength

Mines is still the same now too. To be honest, I’ve actually turned the WiFi off on my phone and iPad, because it’s just easier to use data. This week it’s dropping out at 4 minutes past every hour, and even though I’ve deleted the app and reset router, it still

keeps telling me someone else is logged on.

it just seems to be one thing after another, but I’ve totally given up on it now. There’s a limit to how much time you can spend on it!

superhub3
On our wavelength

I don't believe this!!!

Yesterday i posted my comments about this issue which has been ongoing forever and. But because i complained, VM forum mods have removed my post without any explanation.

Instead of wasting time trying to remove and hide complaints from others, how about you find a fix to the problem which is affecting a huge number of customers?

dannylau
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@superhub3 wrote:

I don't believe this!!!

Yesterday i posted my comments about this issue which has been ongoing forever and. But because i complained, VM forum mods have removed my post without any explanation.

Instead of wasting time trying to remove and hide complaints from others, how about you find a fix to the problem which is affecting a huge number of customers?

This one? 

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/QuickStart-set-up-and/User-already-logged-in-when-not-on-hub/m-...

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks