cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Good place for this... Upgrade to Hub 4 from Hub 3 - return/recycle

Mathius
Tuning in

Hey,

I've recently accepted and received the Hub 4 as a free upgrade as my hub 3 is considered old...

Given that I haven't received any letters or flatpack boxes, am I to assume that I just need to recycle the hub 3 myself ?

Any Ideas ?

24 REPLIES 24

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Read the post immediately above yours. 

Virginmedia are required in law to collect back all redundant equipment that they have supplied. This includes items that have no further use. They don't ask for Hub 2 and 3 because it costs them to arrange collection and recycling. They'd rather leave it to the customer.  But if you request the return packaging they are obliged to take it back. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

spell
Knows their stuff

This should be an interesting response - if they can think one up

jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

They don't have to take the items back if they contribute financially to the WEEE fund,  you can go onto the WEEE website to find a local recycling point that is supported by the WEEE fund 

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Where do Virginmedia say that they have such an arrangement? 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi sigo23,

Thanks for your post and welcome back to the community.

Regarding the issue, can I ask when was the Hub replaced?

Also have you received a returns pack?

Let us know,

Kain

After 3 phone calls and conflicting advice (was first told to wait for return box which never arrived) spent another 20 minutes on phone this morning. Finally advised to ‘recycle responsibly’ at local recycling centre. I asked call centre advisor to clearly note this on my account saying I didn’t want to receive an invoice in a few weeks time for not returning the Hub 3. 

Hi @sigo23 

Thanks for coming back to the thread. We do not need Hub 3's back. See more here

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Thanks a lot. The website could be clearer, be explicit about what to do with Hub 3 ie mention it by name and explain ‘responsibly recycle’. As I say, it took 3 phone calls to get precise advice, anyway we got there in the end. 

IMG_4544.jpegthis just arrived, confusing, contradictory or what! 

Thanks for coming back to us @sigo23 

That won't be relating the Hub 3.

I'll send you a PM now to check things.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill