cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Good place for this... Upgrade to Hub 4 from Hub 3 - return/recycle

Mathius
Tuning in

Hey,

I've recently accepted and received the Hub 4 as a free upgrade as my hub 3 is considered old...

Given that I haven't received any letters or flatpack boxes, am I to assume that I just need to recycle the hub 3 myself ?

Any Ideas ?

24 REPLIES 24

So why is Virgin suddenly asking us to return it, over six months later?

Did you read any of this thread?

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Penarth1954 👋

As of 1st September 2023, we reinstated a requirement for Hub 3's to be returned to us rather than taking these to a local recycling facility. This means we will be asking customers who cancel their service, or swap equipment, to return the Hub 3 to us for the foreseeable future. As with our standard returns policy, a charge will be incurred (£40), if we do not receive the kit back.

If you disconnected a Hub 3 at any point between March - September 2023, and have already disposed of this, then as advised in the email we sent, there is no further action you need to take and you will not be charged. 

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

Glad to know this...  as I've already recycled the unit as I made the switch mid march.  

Nothing was included with my upgrade back then, and questioned VM about it...  ultimately the unit has been recycled now for like 5months...

😊 

Thank you @Mathius we're glad we were able to confirm this for you. 

Should you need any further help please do pop back to the forums and we will do all we can to help