cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Build Installation

TangoTango27
On our wavelength

Hi There

I am an existing VM customer but I'm moving into a new build in March 2024.  The house that I am moving to is one of 3 new builds that has been built on a plot that previsouly had a single house on it.  The road is already cabled up and most of the neighbours are connected to VM but the post code checker still only has the original house address on it.  So I'm stumped as to how to arrange for an engineer to visit the new property and see how it can be connected to the VM network.

Is there a specific telephone numer I can call or email address I can message?

TIA

Paul Trickey

8 REPLIES 8

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

A VM person will respond in a day or so.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @TangoTango27 

Thanks for posting and welcome back to the community.

I'll send you a PM now to assist further.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Jonny-M
Fibre optic

Did the developer work with the VM new sites team and install the ductwork from the street to each plot?

No - I've spoken to the builder and although they've installed Cat5 cabling throughout the house with a patch board in the cupboard under the stairs, they've made no provision for any broadband, TV or telephone connection to the actual house.  I know VM is already available in the road as I have a friend who lives 2 doors down who has VM gigbit broadband, TV and phone 😬  Very irritating really as the brand new drive will no doubt need to be dug up to get a cable to the house.  Any help or advice would be appreciated.

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If its not pre-installed then it will cost VM £Thousands to dig up the street to install the ducting etc - they will assess whether they think its worth it just to service one (or at most three)  new customers.  Their marketing department will do a quick cost/benefit analysis - I would be pessimistic if I were in you situation.  Unless you are all prepared to bear/share the costs perhaps ?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @TangoTango27 

Thanks for joining me on PM and allowing me to raise this for you.

The form has been done now and you'll be contacted within 10 working days.

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Many thanks John - you’re a star!

Paul

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey, TangoTango27!

Thanks for letting us know John_GS has nailed it for you with the support he's offered via pm, please do keep us posted on how things go and if you need more help.

We'll make sure to pass your feedback to John himself too, he'll be delighted. 🙂
Best regards,

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs