Menu
Timwilky
Superfast
Message 791 of 796
Flag for a moderator

Re: IPv6 support on Virgin media

And long may it remain on the back burner.

I want IPv6, but not what VM was proposing to deliver. I currently have an IPv6 HE tunnel that provides exactly what I need and the nearest to a dual stack that I think I will ever get.

VM please use the time you have, to reconsider the stupid DS-Lite proposal. We were constantly told you have plenty of IPv4 capacity. So why throw it away. (Or sell it)

Dagger2
Superfast
Message 792 of 796
Flag for a moderator

CGNAT is going to come whether you like it or not. At least with DS-lite you can still receive inbound connections.

Google's v6 stats tend to be flat for the first 4 or so months of the year, for whatever reason. Perhaps we'll see something happening soon.

Adduxi
Super solver
Message 793 of 796
Flag for a moderator

@het69 wrote:

Quite an apt time to add that I'm off to BT soon, now that FTTP is available in my street. I can't wait for the 10th anniversary to come round and still be in the same position. Smiley Very Happy

Slightly off topic I know but in praise of IPv6  .......

I now have 2 Xboxes running at home, both with Open NAT courtesy of BT's IPv6 ........  No messing with IPv4 port forwarding etc. etc. 

One advantage of having BT and VM (for work connection redundancy btw) circuits.

abdr
Joining in
Message 794 of 796
Flag for a moderator

Country Report Internet Service Providers in United Kingdom

https://ipfinder.io/countries/GB

Virgin Media Limited

0 Kudos
fyonn
On our wavelength
Message 795 of 796
Flag for a moderator

Any updates?

0 Kudos
VMCopperUser
Problem sorter
Message 796 of 796
Flag for a moderator

@fyonn wrote:

Any updates?

Morgaine has probably retired now and moved away to a island somewhere in Asia.  I know the intention was to wait it out for IPv6 deployment, but sometimes we grow old before things happen Smiley Tongue....

Looking on APNIC labs, I would say nothing has moved forward for users.  I could be looking at it wrong I guess.

----
I do not work for VM, but I would. It is just a Job.

I would also make websites for them, because the job never seems to require the website to work.