cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IPv6 support on Virgin media

dgcarter
Dialled in

Does anyone know whether (and if so when) Virgin plan to implement IPv6 on its network?

1,493 REPLIES 1,493

Infrastructure upgrade most likely, the VoIP change itself is probably unrelated. My phone line has been through VoIP for years before the shut off date and has always used older HFC/NTL cpc format.

HFC from Watford Head-End, ex-NTL, ex-Bell Cable Media, former "cpc" format rDNS.

Félim
Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire, UK

Watch this space then I guess, let's see if anything happens! Maybe I can update the Have Virgin Media enabled IPv6 yet website with something new!

WalkerBoh
On our wavelength

I have been a Virgin customer for I don't know how many years exactly 20+ years, at some time in the long ago past this has been discussed Infrastructure had been made capable but Virgin have never taken it seriously citing they have plenty of IPv4 addresses. One of the problems is that other Business can not get or limited to the number of IPv4 addresses they can get which means it becomes very difficult to connect to services that are IPv6 easily such as tunnels or bouncing off another host that is IPv6 enabled after VPN in

So I have voted with my feet and cancelled not going to make much difference as Virgin do not seem to listen to customers or possibly even there own staff but I am getting a better service at a lower cost and seems better support (Virgin once had excellent support).