cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi down after upgrading

Davidm9292
Joining in

Hi lads,

I recently upgraded and recontracted from 500mb to 1Gig. I was told I would be sent a new modem but there would no disruption to my service. I've been without wifi all day and have yet to receive the new modem. I rang customer service today and was told my wifi should be working that I should try and hold the reset button on the back of the modem and the call was ended. As it's now out of business hours and I still have no connection, does anyone have any suggestions on how to resolve this?

Cheers 

5 REPLIES 5

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

They remove your hub from the system thinking you got the new hub? or someone got your hub and connected it up in the area?

---------------------------------------------------------------

Appreciate the reply 👏🏻 no chance of getting this sorted until I speak to them so 🤦🏻

Client62
Legend

Having reset the Hub 5 connect your laptop to the Hub via a network cable, see what state the Hub is in and if there is an internet connection ( without using Wi-Fi ) ?

Hi Davidm9292 👋🏼.

Thank you for posting and welcoming you onto our community forum 😊.

Sorry to see you have no connection ☹.

What happens after you try to do the factory reset?

What colour light does your hub have? 

Here are more tips in what you can do if your broadband is not working. 

Ari - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Davidm9292 

Are you up and running again yet?

Which hub do you currently have?  Normally users on M500 only have a hub3 which is unable to run Gig1, hence a new hub (either hub4 or hub5 is sent out)

Has the regrade actually been processed yet, as there is currently a processing backlog and some regrades are taking around 14 days?

You should be able to check this by signing into /my-virgin-media and clicking on view contract.

If it hasn't been processed yet then your original hub should still be working.

Also towards the bottom of that page you should be able to click on Orders & Appointments  under Quick Links to see if the new hub has been ordered and despatched.

It's possible that your loss of internet is due to a local problem.  You should click on Check Service status whilst signed into My Virgin Media. If nothing is showing there then you also call the automated Service Status number  0800 561 0061.  This often gives details of more local issues down to postcode level.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali