Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Resolved! Wifi no longer visible on London underground

Hi all,  I noticed for the first time today that the usual virgin media WiFi network isn't there on the tube. Is this being phased out?     [MOD EDIT: Please see update on post 111 here]      

ruswit by On our wavelength
  • 141 replies
  • 1 kudos

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 58 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

Hub status data - understanding network log messages

N Warning: Long, dull, a bit technical. NHaving needed to repeat myself a few times, I thought I'd share my understanding of what you might find in a Hub 3's network log when things go wrong, and what it means.  First of all, this post is based on my...

Andrew-G by Alessandro Volta
  • 15 replies
  • 37 kudos

Broadband problems in ub5

There is a problem with broadband in ub5. This fits seem to be known, well I say that but the service starus page, when you can actually access it, only sites that TV is affected. Earlier today a resolution date of 19th Feb was shown, but now everyth...

yorky_p by Tuning in
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Smart lighting Lightwave RF link - connecting to Hub5x

Hi there, I'm new here and new to VM. I'm trying to connect my smart lighting to our new hub.  Contacted the manufacturer, Lightwave, who mentioned port forwarding and to contact virgin. Very long day, trying to get someone to help, end result was to...

Orbi Mesh Network with VM

Hi I have an Orbi Mesh network with VM which I installed a couple of years ago. I followed online instructions, so I have no idea what I did - I remember taking an http address from the bottom of the router and changing some setting from the VM Hub3 ...

RG5 by Tuning in
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

New broadband issues!

Hello!brand new customer here, 2 days old. Moved over from sky. I have the virgin m350 broadband with tv.Tv is fine with no issues however we are annoyed to see that the broadband doesn’t even reach upstairs in our small 2 bed house! Modem is in the ...

Bramz316 by Tuning in
  • 13 replies
  • 0 kudos

New VM Pod not connecting

Received a white pod from VM today, plugged in to 3 different locations, waited well over an hour at each for the blinking to stop but its not connecting. Reset the hub - no improvement. I read this post earlier:This seems to be a common issue atm, m...

Sprool by Tuning in
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Hub 5x using own router

Morning everyone.I’m trying to connect my Asus TUF-AX6000 router to my Hub 5x and i’m getting double NAT issues.Now i know that modem mode isn’t available yet but i’m wondering what is the best work around for the time being.Would anybody with better...

Intermittent Wifi DY84

Hi,We have been suffering with intermittent WI-FI for over two months now, the service status sometimes confirms there is an issue in the area but sometimes doesn’t say anything.there was an issue in the area from May - June but now is apparently fix...

Resolved! WiFi strange selective access problems

I'm hoping someone can shed some light on my Virgin Broadband problem as I had an engineer visit today which managed to cure it for precisely the amount of time it took the engineers to pack up and drive out of the road before it all went downhill ag...

R2Sue by Tuning in
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! How to connect device to WiFi pods

I have a WiFi pod and can stand next to it and it won’t connect? Can you force it to pick up device. WiFi drops out on device intermittently in this area because it’s still looking for hub

Tp50 by Tuning in
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Hub 5 still having Wi-Fi issues

I got a free hub 5 as Wi-Fi didn’t cover whole house. I still do not, how do I get free pods am I entitled to £100 credit. My account still says M350 and to upgrade is £8 mtg, but I already have hub 5 

RAC24 by Joining in
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos