cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Router has been busted for 2 days straight now

Sid-Wiz
Tuning in

I thought it was my £300 ASUS Router messing me around. As I'm gaming or streaming via Ethernet or WiFi  it either says "stream is slow  change quality" or for gaming, it will hitch and Sutter and sometimes freeze for around 5 seconds. Basically I'm not able to stream or game without it stopping and chopping.

I've got Cat 5e and tried Cat 6 cables

I even reset my Modem (Hub 3) back to factory and it still happened after 5 mins.

I tried rebooting but looks like it doesn't change anything. Last 2 days are painful for patience. I also signed upto BQM 

1000011904.png

 Is it suppose to look like super Saiyan energy?

17 REPLIES 17

Hey Sabrina, Unfortunately the problem has come back. It started around last weekend. And now this weekend has been especially bad. Do you think something has changed? 

Many thanks

Hi @Sid-Wiz thanks for your reply to Sabrina - sorry things have deteriorated for you.

We have checked and it seems there is congestion on the line at the moment, so this has been raised as an outage. 

The estimated fix time for this is  17th January at approximately 12:30pm, if you are having issues after this time please let us know, and we can re-investigate.

Many thanks

Tom_W

Thanks, I'll be away from home after today until next week but I'll update when im back.

Unfortunately no luck. had very bad drops and bursts, I don't think the fault above was related 

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

According to the BQM the problem is indeed congestion - too many users active on the local VM network. When this might really be fixed is anyone's guess. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Is there anything to push for this to be fixed? It's unplayable when I hook up an online game.

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

It would help if you posted a live link to your BQM, to see if the brief pattern you posted above is continuing.

But in reality there is nothing you can do apart from a formal complaint which will go nowhere. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Hi Sid-Wiz 👋🏼.

Thank you for posting and coming back to us on this thread 😊.

Sorry to see you are still having issues with this whilst playing online games ☹.

Let me investigate 🧐 and see what we can find. 

In order for me to look into this, I will have to private message you. 

Please watch out for the envelope ✉. 

Ari - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide