cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Router has been busted for 2 days straight now

Sid-Wiz
Tuning in

I thought it was my £300 ASUS Router messing me around. As I'm gaming or streaming via Ethernet or WiFi  it either says "stream is slow  change quality" or for gaming, it will hitch and Sutter and sometimes freeze for around 5 seconds. Basically I'm not able to stream or game without it stopping and chopping.

I've got Cat 5e and tried Cat 6 cables

I even reset my Modem (Hub 3) back to factory and it still happened after 5 mins.

I tried rebooting but looks like it doesn't change anything. Last 2 days are painful for patience. I also signed upto BQM 

1000011904.png

 Is it suppose to look like super Saiyan energy?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Sid-Wiz 

Thank you for coming back to me via private message and confirming your details. I have now booked you a technician visit for Hub issue – you can check and amend the date and time of your appointment via your online account.

There will be no charge for this visit unless:

•    The technician diagnoses the faults as not being caused by our network/equipment 

•    The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your equipment

•    The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to any system that we are not responsible for

The technician will confirm during their visit if any of these instances apply, and if so, a £25 charge will be applied to your account. 

Please ensure there is someone over the age of 18 present at the time of the visit. If you need to change or cancel your appointment you can do this online or via the MyVM app by 4pm the day before the appointment.

If you do miss an agreed appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment.

Please keep us updated on how your appointment goes and if you need any further assistance.

Thank you.

Sabrina

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

17 REPLIES 17

Sid-Wiz
Tuning in

yo

It can take several days for a reply on here from VM.

Bumping doesn't help FYI.

Sup? 

Sid-Wiz
Tuning in

1000011928.png

Just an update of the whole days result. 4am seemed to be what Ideally I'd like to see.

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Lets see all the data - do this....

In your browser’s URL box type in http://192.168.0.1 (or http://192.168.100.1 - if in modem mode) (DONT click these links) - and hit return. No need to log in - just click on the “Router Status” icon/text at bottom-middle of the Login page.
Then… Navigate to these “data pages” and just copy/paste the normal “Formatted Text” (not images) 3 FULL sets of data onto here – 2 tables from the Downstream, 2 from the Upstream, & the Network Logs pages. Don't worry too much about the formatting it can be easily read & DON’T include personal data or MAC addresses - blank them out - if you copy/paste the data, the board software will do this for you (you may need to click the "submit" button again). If character limits are “exceeded” - just do two posts

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Hi @Sid-Wiz 👋.

Thanks for reaching out to us and welcome to the Community Forums. Apologies for the issues that you have been having with your internet service. We can certainly assist you, we would need to bring you in for a private message to discuss this and resolve. 

Please look out for the envelope on the top right of your web browser or if you are using a mobile device, it will be located under your profile icon.

Thanks.

Sabrina

Client62
Legend

Is the BQM reporting the response from the VM Hub in Router mode   ?

Or is the BQM reporting the response from the ASUS Router with the VM Hub in Modem mode ?

Hi @Sid-Wiz 

Thank you for coming back to me via private message and confirming your details. I have now booked you a technician visit for Hub issue – you can check and amend the date and time of your appointment via your online account.

There will be no charge for this visit unless:

•    The technician diagnoses the faults as not being caused by our network/equipment 

•    The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your equipment

•    The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to any system that we are not responsible for

The technician will confirm during their visit if any of these instances apply, and if so, a £25 charge will be applied to your account. 

Please ensure there is someone over the age of 18 present at the time of the visit. If you need to change or cancel your appointment you can do this online or via the MyVM app by 4pm the day before the appointment.

If you do miss an agreed appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment.

Please keep us updated on how your appointment goes and if you need any further assistance.

Thank you.

Sabrina

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

@Client62 wrote:

Is the BQM reporting the response from the VM Hub in Router mode   ?

Or is the BQM reporting the response from the ASUS Router with the VM Hub in Modem mode ?

Makes no difference really if we know ASUS Router is good with ping only VM like to change to routers mode in the hope the next day will be better to then blame ones router

---------------------------------------------------------------