cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving router

Samanmo
Joining in

Hi, 

My broadband/wifi router was installed upstairs years ago in what is now an inconvenient spot. I would like it moved downstairs. What's the easiest way to book an engineer to do this please? 

166 REPLIES 166

Hi StatuCake, 

Thanks for your post in the Community. 

We'll be happy to help with this but will need you to give us more information. Are you referring to moving your services to another location in your property or moving homes altogether? 

Feel free to pop your pictures here in the Community for us to take a look at. Include as much information as possible and we will be able to help further. 

Many thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi,

Thanks for the swift response, it's moving equipment to another location in the property. Not to another premises.

Currently the internet comes in through the living room and I'm wondering if this can be moved upstairs as that's where my new office will be and the hub of my networking equipment.

I notice on the exterior of the building there seems to be some cable already run however looking on the other side it looks like the cable has been cut as it is flush with the wall on the inside. I am doubtful this is something virgin media did and was likely a previous ISP but was wondering if the existing cabling could be of any use.

Imgur Album with photos

https://imgur.com/a/791EG7K

Thanks,

Kieran

Dank14
Joining in

Hello, please can someone also message me to arrange moving my router. Understand there is a £25 fee which is fine. Thanks

Hi @Dank14, thanks for your post here in the Community - welcome!

Of course, no problem at all. Please allow me to send you a PM so I can look into things further for you.

Kindly expect a PM from me to arrive shortly and respond directly when you can!
Many thanks

Tom_W

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there Dank14,

Tom is currently out of office so I've assigned this to myself to pick up.

I've dropped you a PM to discuss further.

Regards,

Kain

R_J_W
Joining in

As with everyone else here I need to move the route from the front room to a more central position in the house, could someone please assist?

Thanks John

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @R_J_W

Thanks for posting on our community forum and a big warm welcome with this being your first post.

I am going to drop you a private message now to collect some more information. Please keep an eye on your inbox for a message from myself.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

Any thoughts on my request, I posted photos

Thanks,

Kieran 

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If the VM technician attends, I would guess they will renew the cables as the old cables are "unknown" quality.  They should be able to use the existing entry and exit points however.  For a £25 charge it's a bargain really as the Hub will be placed exactly where you need it and any power levels will be adjusted to suit.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @StatuCake

Thanks for your post

Please do let us know if you would like to book this in and we will have this sorted for you 🙂

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team