cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving router

Samanmo
Joining in

Hi, 

My broadband/wifi router was installed upstairs years ago in what is now an inconvenient spot. I would like it moved downstairs. What's the easiest way to book an engineer to do this please? 

161 REPLIES 161

KerryP12
Joining in

Same for me please! 

Router and Coax to be moved. Happy for the £25 charge. 

Will await the purple envelope piiiing!

Thank you! 

I also need my router moved.  

We wanted it upstairs when we moved in but the scaffolding was in the way so it had to go downstairs by the telly.  Needless to say the WiFi signal is nerfed.  I am hoping it will improve with the router in an upstairs room.

£25 fee is more than reasonable, happy to pay that.  Please DM me.

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi PaulHibbert, 

Thank you for your post! 

I will pop you over a private message and get this arranged for you. 

Cheers, 

Ryan. 

Thanks for coming back to me via private message to confirm your information. 
I have booked you in for the next available appointment. To view and manage this please sign in to your Online Account, once you log in scroll down to Orders & appointments then click on View your orders. 
Just to confirm as this is a call out the £25 charge will show on the following bill, please let us know how the appointment goes.
Regards
Paul.

Hi, could I please request an appointment to relocate a router from upstairs to downstairs and to have the outside control casing repaired.

Hey StewySMS,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on the forums.

I can arrange the appointment from here but would need to confirm a few details via a private message, that I will drop over in a moment. Please look out for the private message and we can get started.
Kind Regards,
Steven_L

Thanks for confirming your details via private message @StewySMS.

I have arranged a technician appointment to resolve your current issues, this can be tracked via your online account. Please sign into My Virgin Media and you will see your appointments on your account dashboard. However, this can take up to 24 hours to be updated.

There will be no charge for this visit unless:
• The technician diagnoses the faults as not being caused by our network/equipment 
• The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your equipment
• The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to any system that we are not responsible for.
The technician will confirm during their visit if any of these instances apply, and if so, a £25 charge will be applied to your account.

Kind Regards,
Steven_L

PIXX3L5
On our wavelength

Hello could I get my router moved to another upstairs room, the house as already got a box in the other room but need wiring and putting though another room and maybe the box being replaced as it's been there a while.

------------------------------------------------------------

My services: Ultimate Volt bundle
TV: Kids Pick, Maxit TV, Sky Sports UHD, Cinema & Entertainment 4K, 1x 360 Box, 2x 360 Mini Box, Netflix Premium, Disney+
Broadband: Volt Gig1, SH5 + 3 Pods.
Phone: Talk More Anytime, Mobile: 4x 02 Sims + Volt Benefits.

Hi 

I would like to arrange to have my router moved, happy to pay the £25 charge 

Thanks 

Rob 

Hi @PIXX3L5,

Thank you for your post and welcome back to our community forums. We're here to help.

If you're looking to change the set up and installation of your services then we can help with that, but there would be a one-off fee of £25 to carry out the work. Would you be happy to accept that charge?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!