cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intermittent broadband issues

ModTeam

Hi all,

Unfortunately we have seen a repeat of an earlier issue which is causing intermittent broadband connectivity problems for some Virgin Media customers. We apologise again to those impacted our teams are continuing to work flat out to find the root cause of the problem and fix it.

Regards,

Community Moderator Team 

112 REPLIES 112

Confirmed as the same issue from early this morning.  A problem with AS5089.  VM's main website, which is down, and their DNS traffic traverse it.  BGP updating issue.

https://bgp.he.net/AS5089 

bankie
On our wavelength

And compare this BGP route visualisation with the one I posted earlier. More like it!

VM Issues3.png

jhuk
Trouble shooter

We cannot see your images for now till a Mod approves them (due to your post count AFAIR).

Wendolene
On our wavelength

Loosing BB was bad enough, next month they are compulsory changing our landline to VoIP. All the eggs in one basket.

jhuk
Trouble shooter

Your area or all ours?

I ask as the Colour Code for the areas (you call an auto number to find yours) for me does not have all those services yet.

AFAIR I am in the Red Zone or the case of the past 24hours the Twilight Zone.

SS2 area been affected as well, checked with neighbour and thought id take a peek at his router status page networklog, he has hub 3 and thousands of pre AND post errors.

I didn't think about checking my landline as it now is plugged into our router. But the router showed the steady white light... hmmm.  Sorry am a ejit on that stuff.

What I am worried is that I tried 2-3x to log into my VM mail and got the nasty blank email slot and had to input my BY email. When I hit CONTINUE, instead of getting prompted for my PW it just said authentication failed or something.  Will I have to reset my PW... is 3x the magic kick you out limit?  THis is the screenie which I have left blank. Don't want to tempt fate. I have internet, sites load, just no luck with email log in and I cleared cache.  I had posted over in email as this was the first thing I noticed. I was redirected here.  Any help appreciated.  Pls be patient... I have not been very well but am behind in my work.

Lewlew_0-1680635688002.png

@Lewlew
I tried calling and despite having a dial tone and typing 150 it was just like 1s long beeps.

ShaunJohn
Joining in

Still intermittent here in a25. 20 hours now it's been going on. Can't even register the problem to get compensation. It's not just broadband, it's the website, app and phone lines too.

JoeC123
Joining in

Are we still expected to register the claims for the downtime today seeing as it's affected most of the UK and you should be able to identify where? 

Hard to register them online when the broadband is down and the Virgin app barely works when there is.

Calling seems pointless when the phone lines are going to be undoubtedly busy - doesn't help that I happen to be ill so calling woulding be an option anyway, but that's not your problem.