cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App won't let me use any password I chose when setting up account

andre2057
Tuning in

Hi guys 

Setting up my account on the app, everyone I try to set a password it says I can't use that password, I've between 30-40 different passwords with no joy 

86 REPLIES 86

16/11/22 same issue that Virgin recognised in MAY 22 still not resolved. I'm a new customer. Not found my workaround for it yet. Getting frustrated with it though. Delete the app and redownload it? Or just give up?

Hi Robw1704, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community. 

We're sorry to hear you're having an issue with registering on the app. 

Can you please ensure you are following ALL of the below criteria when choosing a password.

• Between 8-64 characters.
  • Must start with a letter.
  • Contain at least one number.
  • Contains only one of these special characters: !@~&*_

If you are 100% certain that the above requirements are all being met then can you try some different password variations? This is because we've had reports of customers being able to proceed when doing this and it's mainly because some choices are too guessable to be allowed.

You should also try registering through the website as opposed to the app to see if this helps. 

Should this not work, pop back here and let us know. We will then be able to raise this with our IT teams for them to look in to things further for you. 

Keep us posted.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Robw1704,

Nathan is currently out of office so I've assigned this to myself to pick up.

I've dropped you a PM to discuss further.

Regards,

Kain

Hey @Abfab, thanks for reaching out to us and a warm welcome to the Virgin Media forums.

I'm sorry to hear about the issue with the My Virgin Media account 😞
I will assist you on getting this resolved.
I will send a private message - watch out for the purple envelope inviting you in.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

I’m having exactly the same problem. Won’t accept any passwords I enter so I can’t register my new Broadband account. Not a great start…

Hey @JamSi, thanks for reaching out to us and a warm welcome to the Virgin Media forums.

I'm sorry to hear about the issues with the passwords you're having when trying to setup My Virgin Media.
I will assist you on this and help you on the matter at hand.

I will send a private message.
Watch out for the purple envelope inviting you in.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

Hey @JamSi, thanks for the update.

I'm glad to hear you have managed to get this working and can now login to the MyVM.
Although the email may not be the one you wanted, you can change this in future to the one you want.

As always - reach out if you ever need any assistance and we shall help.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

I have the same problem. Tried on multiple devices, cleared cache, still no good. Can someone please advise what I need to do? Thank you

Won’t let me create a password either.  Put a post on earlier (my first) which seems to have been removed?

Thanks for the help.

If it helps anyone, I managed to get in by choosing a different email address when it asks you for a login email. Accepted the first password I put in when I did that. Annoying but will try and change it back later (now that it’s accepted a password).