cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App won't let me use any password I chose when setting up account

andre2057
Tuning in

Hi guys 

Setting up my account on the app, everyone I try to set a password it says I can't use that password, I've between 30-40 different passwords with no joy 

86 REPLIES 86

Thanks for coming back to us on the forums @Wulfster 👋

I'm sorry to hear about the issues with the My Virgin Media account 😞
May I ask if you've been able to reach back out to my colleague who was assisting you with this to get an update?
Let us know.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

le515
On our wavelength

Hi Wulfster

Thanks for your reply. i see you got another PM after your post to me - any progress? This seems to be a problem for quite a number of people so there’s an issue at Virgin’s end - I don’t want to spend hours searching for a solution & have already tried all the ideas I have seen on the forum. HELP anyone??

le

Kaitch
Joining in

It's ridiculous that this is still happening, The setup will not accept any password, can you get in touch and help me sort this.

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Kaitch 👋

We're sorry to hear you're having some trouble that is similar to others. To clarify, have you been able to try the potential fixes provided by others on this thread such as trying a different browser, device, or attempting to sign-up directly through the My Virgin Media app?

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

le515
On our wavelength

I gave up - last posted in January. I’ll live without it and change to another provider as soon as my contract finishes. 

Hi @le515 thanks for your message - we're sorry that this is still ongoing for you.

Have you tried doing this again recently, if not can you please try and let us know how you get on?

Many thanks

Tom_W

Yes I have tried clearing cookies and different browsers, still no joy.

The only thing I get a tick for is 'No Spaces'

Also I can't register using the app because when I open my messages to get the code the signup screen closes.

Finally got it to work by trying multiple password combinations.

You have a problem somewhere which needs sorting

Hi @Kaitch

Thank you for the update on this. I'm glad to hear that you've now been able to resolve this and register for an account.

Please do let us know if there's anything more that we can help you with.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!