cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moved house, given new account number but can’t use existing virgin media account details

ajsolomon
Joining in

Hi, we moved house at the end of November 2019. I called Virgin to help move the connection to new place. The person on the phone signed me up to a new tariff for the bundle I had. In the process a new account was created for me which I wasn’t aware of. My virgin media app is accessed through my primary email but it’s still linked to the old account which is now inactive. There appears to be no way to de-linking the old account number and linking the new account number to my virgin media app. I don’t really want to set up a new account with different email as I don’t access it and will likely miss important emails. The strange thing is that Virgin do have my current email on the new account as I get emails from them but cannot get online to view my account. Will be grateful if old account can be de-linked and new account linked to my login. 
Thanks,

AJSolomon

44 REPLIES 44

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey mohsin0292 - welcome to the forums and thank you for your post 🙂 

This is something I can help with - I will send you over a private message to arrange this for you. 

Cheers, 

Ryan. 

kmck_
Joining in

Hi, I am experiencing the same issue I was wondering if I could get my account transferred over? Thanks!

Hi @kmck_ thanks for your post here in the Community - welcome!

This is definitely something I can look into helping with for you. Please expect a PM from me to arrive shortly, and resond directly when you can.

Many thanks

Tom_W

Freezy
Joining in

Hi, can you please also help? Same problem.

Hi there @Freezy, welcome to our forum and thanks for your post.

I'm sorry to see that you are having issues with logging into your online account with your existing details. As these will be linked to your old account number you won't be able to log in using them unless the account is transferred over.

I will be more than happy to do this for you, so I can do this, I will send you a PM to confirm your details.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

Hi, I am having the same issue, I have tried calling but the lady on the phone was unable to help me? When I log in to my account using my email address, it is still linked to my old account number. Can someone help please?

Regards, Ian.

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello Ian, thank you for reaching out on our help forum and this thread.

We're sorry to hear you've had issues accessing your online account recently due to this transfer, would you please be able to tell us if your services in the new property are now active and how long has it been up and running for, if so?
Also, has the former account been disconnected and services turned off?

We'd be happy to help you by having a look into the account to see where we are with the account move process currently.
Please, let us know more here and we'll get back to you asap.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi team, I'm also in the same situation. Could someone assist me with this? Thanks!

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Nipzy,

Welcome back to our Community Forums! Thank you for your post and I'm sorry to hear that you're having some issues with accessing your online account.

I'll be happy to look into this further for you through Private Message. Please keep an eye out for a purple envelope at the top right corner of your Forum page. I'll be in touch soon.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Nipzy,

Thanks for coming back to me via Private Messages! I'm glad I was able to help move your online account! 🙂

Please let us know how you're getting on and if you need any further help, give us a shout! 

Thanks! 

Paulina_Z
Forum Team