cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moved house, given new account number but can’t use existing virgin media account details

ajsolomon
Joining in

Hi, we moved house at the end of November 2019. I called Virgin to help move the connection to new place. The person on the phone signed me up to a new tariff for the bundle I had. In the process a new account was created for me which I wasn’t aware of. My virgin media app is accessed through my primary email but it’s still linked to the old account which is now inactive. There appears to be no way to de-linking the old account number and linking the new account number to my virgin media app. I don’t really want to set up a new account with different email as I don’t access it and will likely miss important emails. The strange thing is that Virgin do have my current email on the new account as I get emails from them but cannot get online to view my account. Will be grateful if old account can be de-linked and new account linked to my login. 
Thanks,

AJSolomon

44 REPLIES 44

Whenever i tried registering it said there is already an account under that email.

And when i log in it shows my old account.

But i still get emails for my new account on the same email

In this case, I have sent a private message regarding this.

Please look out for the purple envelope and provide a response when you can.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Ohjin
Joining in

I'm having the same issue, can I get me email address transferred as well please.

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

I will pop you over a private message to confirm some details with you. 

Cheers, 

Ryan. 

onqh
Joining in

Hello,

I am having the same issue. Can you please support me ?

Hi onqh,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

Sorry you're having some issues setting up your online account since the move.

'

I'll need a few more details from you to help so I've popped you over a private message (purple envelope, top right hand corner)

Alex_Rm

Hi,

I am also experiencing this issue, could you resolve it for me?

Thank you

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Lauravuilleumie,

Sorry to hear you are also having issues registering for MyVM due to the email being used by an older account.
We shall be able to help you with this, for this reason, I will PM you.
Please check the top-right corner of our forum and you should see a purple envelope. Click this and you'll see my message.

Adri
Forum Team

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

No problems at all 🙂
Once you get a reply from the team, feel free to pop back to our forum and update us.
Enjoy the rest of your day.

Adri
Forum Team

Hi Adri, 

I am having this same issue, are you able to help me too please?

Thanks,

Mohsin