cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading my current package

ceejay1952
Tuning in

Rang the 0345 454 1111line to see if I could add a TV package to my existing broadband only account and was given a great price for “bigger” broadband, TV package including Sky Sports HD and Sky Cinema, however, the guy was pushing me to “sign up” there and then.

Having read the forums and knowing the way some of the sales staff seem to operate, I asked him to email the offer to my email address linked to my account but he said he couldn’t.

Thought that was a bit weird.

He rang me back today still trying to get me to sign up but again I refused to do so without seeing the offer in black and white.

So, my question is, shouldn’t ALL customers see a contract with the “deal” clearly set out before we buy an upgrade, at a rather good price I may add. Or is this pressure selling and we don’t get the cheap package at all??

Looking for an answer please so that I may switch over from Sky!!

8 REPLIES 8

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@ceejay1952 wrote:

Having read the forums and knowing the way some of the sales staff seem to operate, I asked him to email the offer to my email address linked to my account but he said he couldn’t.

In all the years I've frequented this forum, I have never once known VM retentions email details of an offer they make - the most you'll get is the PDF confirmation of a new contract after you accept it. The standard advice on this forum is that you need to be prepared to accept any offer on-the-spot, and use the 14day statutory cancellation if you change your mind. The offers are often only as good as the call on which they are given, and should be considered gone otherwise.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Man thanks for your reply but. Have noted on these forums that when someone tries to contact Virginmedia to cancel within the 14 day cool off period they are “ignored”!

Also, a company should always provide you with the “contract” by law before you sign up for any service and have to rely on a cool off period!!

Will not be moving from Sky unless things change and Virginmedia stop using “strong” sales tactics.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@ceejay1952 wrote:

Also, a company should always provide you with the “contract” by law before you sign up for any service and have to rely on a cool off period!!

Where have you seen this?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

It’s called ENGLISH contract law!!

Look it up sometime.

Hey ceejay1952, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry to hear this.

I can confirm we do have a 14 day cooling off period where if you change your mind the account can be cancelled within these 14 days.

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

We do offer  14 day cooling off period.

Was you not offered one sorry?

Did you see my above message 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Hi Matthew

All the guy was interested in was to sell me a new package but it had to be there and then!

He even rang me back to discuss it but no mention of 14 day cooling off period.

As I mentioned earlier it would seem quite a few of your customers have found it rather “difficult” to speak to someone to cancel their contracts within the 14 day period.

You have to wonder why this is!?

Chris

I'm so sorry to hear this @ceejay1952 

I'm going to pop across a private message so we can take a closer look into this and see what we can do to help. 

I will pop you a PM across now, please keep an eye out for the envelope at the top of your screen alerting you to a new message.