cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email Linked to Old Account - Cannot Register or Login to New Account

jwonno
Joining in

Many years ago, I had a Virgin Media package (TV, Phone & Broadband I believe) which I closed when moving to a property that didn't require it back in September 2015.

For the new package (boradband) I have ordered in the past week, I used the same email address as it is the one I have used for all official business for decades. Unfortunately it seems that this email is still linked to my old account which is closed. Whenever I try to register with the email I placed the order with I get:

"We're sorry to see you go"

"Now you’ve left us, we’ve closed your account and you can no longer register for My Virgin Media."

If I then try to login to the old account with said email address, choosing "Forgot Password asks for a username (which I have no kept record of), or "Forgot Email Address" asks for D.o.B., Account Number & Area reference (neither old nor new work).

I am stumped as to how to get in or even query the issue as the help centre on the Virgin Media site requires me to login to get to the support pages for accounts :S

33 REPLIES 33

Hi

The people on the Forum team sorted myself and someone else out very quickly and efficiently.

Just needed details from old account and they can migrate you across.

Hope they see your post and contact you or you can contact them. The call centre people will just tell you it can't be done.

Cheers

Mark

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey Mark, thank you for posting on our help forum today. 
We appreciate your assistance and advice, we're also glad to see your issues have been resolved already with the help from our forum staff 🙂
Please, feel free to reach us again here should you need our help in the future.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Nathantobie
Joining in

Hi all,

I am also having this problem.

recently moved and have two accounts, but when logging in my email now only connects to the old one.

Called helpline which suggested just using a new email with new account number but it already recognises my email and I cannot add another.

can these two profiles be merged together to the new account number?

many thanks

nathan

Hey @Nathantobie thanks for reaching out to us and a warm welcome to the Virgin Media forums.

I'm sorry to hear about the issues with the MyVM accounts since the house move.
I will assist you on this and get this fixed for you by transferring the accounts over.

I will send a private message to resolve this.
Watch out for the purple envelope inviting you in for a private chat.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

hi 

i am having the same issues. trying to log on online to view my account, however when loggin in I am taken to my old account.

Please resolve. Thanks 

Hi @kostik99

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community.

I am sorry to hear about the issues you are having with the online account.

Could you please try to register the new account using an email address you haven't used with us before?

Please also ensure you are registering using the new account details. 

Please let us know if that resolves the issue for you.

If not, we can send you a private message to look into this further for you. 

Please pop back to us when you can. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hi Vicky.

no i don’t want to use another email. I have 2 accounts with you linked to the same email. When i logon online, it brings up my old account. I need to see my new account when logging in. I receive bill reminders to my email for the new account, anyway so surely the accounts can be merged.

Thanks

Hi there @kostik99, thanks for your reply.

If you do wish to use the same email address for this account we can certainly assist with getting this resolved.

I'll send you a PM to confirm your details so this can be done.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

JC23
Joining in

Hi,

I am having the same issues as the other customers on this thread.

I rejoined VM yesterday and keep getting the message “ we’re sorry to see you go “ when trying to set up the Virgin tv go app.

I have had the same issue a few years ago and the customer service team was able to help me so that I could use my email address.

kind regards,

James

Hi James, it does sound like there is an issue with the email and may be linked on a previous account. 

I will send you a PM so that this can be looked into further. 

Kind regards, Chris.