cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Given a default after cancelling - credit score tanked

iain92
Joining in

I've recently moved home to an area not supply by virgin and been struggling with credit applications such as new utilities. Checking my credit score I've seen a new default has been added by virgin media. I pay by direct debit and have never missed a payment. The most recent payment went out on 22nd September so it hasn't even been long enough to miss a payment! I have today just received a bill with a credit on it as my new address isn't supported yet it also says my last bill wasn't paid. 

I've struggled to get hold of anyone to sort this and am very frustrated and concerned. Can anyone advise on how this might have happened and what I can do/who to contact? 

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The credit "score" doesn't really exist outside the marketing of a couple of particular CRA's, but if your (free) statutory credit file has entries on there that you believe are incorrect...

Gather documentary evidence of the invalidity of those entries, and email them to creditfileamendments@virginmedia.co.uk who should investigate on a 21day basis.

If you've recently moved home, you will have had a new account as part of the disconnection/reconnection. Be sure to include histories of both in your checks.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The credit "score" doesn't really exist outside the marketing of a couple of particular CRA's, but if your (free) statutory credit file has entries on there that you believe are incorrect...

Gather documentary evidence of the invalidity of those entries, and email them to creditfileamendments@virginmedia.co.uk who should investigate on a 21day basis.

If you've recently moved home, you will have had a new account as part of the disconnection/reconnection. Be sure to include histories of both in your checks.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks for the reply, I'll give that email address a go.