cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email Linked to Old Account - Cannot Register or Login to New Account

jwonno
Joining in

Many years ago, I had a Virgin Media package (TV, Phone & Broadband I believe) which I closed when moving to a property that didn't require it back in September 2015.

For the new package (boradband) I have ordered in the past week, I used the same email address as it is the one I have used for all official business for decades. Unfortunately it seems that this email is still linked to my old account which is closed. Whenever I try to register with the email I placed the order with I get:

"We're sorry to see you go"

"Now you’ve left us, we’ve closed your account and you can no longer register for My Virgin Media."

If I then try to login to the old account with said email address, choosing "Forgot Password asks for a username (which I have no kept record of), or "Forgot Email Address" asks for D.o.B., Account Number & Area reference (neither old nor new work).

I am stumped as to how to get in or even query the issue as the help centre on the Virgin Media site requires me to login to get to the support pages for accounts :S

33 REPLIES 33

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi photoguy7 👋

Thanks for posting, and welcome back to the Forums.

I'm sorry to hear you're having some problems registering to My Virgin Media due to an older account. I'm going to send you a private message, so we can look into resolving this for you.

Please look out for it in the top-right, white envelope or by tapping "Messages" after tapping your profile picture.

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi photoguy7 👋

Thanks for your quick responses to my private message. I'm glad we have been able to get this issue resolved for you.

If you do need anything else, feel free to make a new post and one of our team/community will be happy to help.

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

Hi,

I got myself the same issue. I login to the VM account and find that it shows all the details of my old package, but not my new one. Would you please help with this issue so that it shows the new package instead. Never really was an issue worth fixing before until now because of O2 volt perks.

Thanks in advance.

Hey Kashif123, thank you for reaching out and a warm welcome to the community I am so sorry to hear about this I am going to send you a PM as we would need to do a move and transfer. Cheers 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?