cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A new broadband and phone package for my elderly mother

hils49
Tuning in

Hello

This query relates to both Home Phone and Broadband.  I have power of attorney for my mother and need to arrange a better deal for her as she is very elderly and currently on an expensive 'out of contract' deal which is not good!

She needs broadband for her phone as it is now a digital service but she does not need a fancy broadband package as it is just used by family and visitors when they go to see her.  She mainly needs the phone service.

Please could someone advise as to the best deal that would suit her?  As I say I have power of attorney and this is registered on her account, so I would need to arrange the new deal for her.  I realise this would need to take place over private message and I can answer the security questions that way.

Many thanks,

Hilary

4 REPLIES 4

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Good afternoon @hils49 

Thanks for posting and welcome back to the community.

We don't do package changes via the forums so I'd advise either calling us on 150 / 0345 454 1111 option 4 or messaging via Whatsapp on +447305 327 112 (automated at the start). 

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

hils49
Tuning in

OK thanks, will it be possible to get the price down do you think?  As she is paying over £70 per month and hardly uses the phone or broadband.  When I go on her account online and try to change package it won't let me do it unless I add more to the package, which I don't want to do.  It is rather confusing.  Thanks, Hilary

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

She may be eligible for the Social Tarriff?  That would reduce the costs considerably. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi @hils49 👋.

Thanks for reaching out to us. We can certainly assist you and your mother for another package, we would need to bring you in for a private message. Please look out for the envelope on the top right of your web browser or if you are using a mobile device, it will be located under your profile icon.

Thanks.

Sabrina