cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Return equipment scam

mikeoleary1
Tuning in

What a scam company VM have turned out to be, I cancelled the package as it was so unreliable, it was impossible to work from home. Anyway, VM contacted me to arrange a day for the equipment to be collected. I took a day off work and waited in all day and they failed to turn up! I then had to go through he pain of trying to contact VM after 8.30pm as nobody had turned up!!!

They admitted their fault and another date was arranged weeks later, now the best bit....... they have charged me £65 for not returning the equipment!!!! I've tried to raise a complaint but cannot as i'm not a live account customer? I have written to OFCOM but it looks like VM can do what they like. I am not paying the £65 

7 REPLIES 7

Cardiffman282
Knows their stuff

Blimey that fee has shot up from £40 to £65 in less than a year. That's a mere 62.5% hike. Perhaps VM uses Zimbabwe as its inflation measure here. 

I'm not a Very Insightful Person (just a little bit, sometimes). I don't work for Virgin Media (but then nor do any of the offshore customer service agents).

Vikki_M
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi mikeoleary1

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community.

I am sorry to hear about the issues you are having with the equipment return.

I will send you a private message now.

Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of the page and pop back to me when you can.

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@mikeoleary1 

What equipment was it that you were charged for?

According to < this page > no equipment is charged at £65  - the charges for non returned equipment are:-

V6: up to £100 per unit

Hub 3: up to £50 per unit

Hub 4: up to £75 per unit

Hub 5: up to £75 per unit

Hub 5X: up to £85 per unit

Emergency Back-up Line: up to £50 per unit

Wired Booster: up to £50 per unit

WiFi Booster: up to £50 per unit

Intelligent WiFi Pod: up to £86 per unit

VTV360: Up to £100 per unit

Stream: Up to £60 per unit

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Arris hub 4is what the totally incompetent company is picking up. I complained through many routes and after spending an age they all don’t admit fault and give the standard VM I don’t care 

spell
Knows their stuff

Your first sentence was correct - this is a very well known scam

Shaks08
Joining in

Did you manage to get your money back, it surely is a scam, It's going to be my 5th time arranging a collection after failure to collect from their side. This time they have also charged me £75.

Hi, the engineer called and I had a text message thanking me for returning the equipment. I didn’t pay them the £75 as I notified them that I was disputing the fee. Haven’t heard anything since, what an awful company virgin media turned out to be. Good luck with your complaint