cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancel and my partner join as new customer

silentg1971
Dialled in

my contract is coming to an end and since virgin have zero interest in giving me better deal after 20 years plus with them .

I am rarely at home anyway with work but if my partner wants virgin services and pays for it herself, can she get the new customer deals

230 REPLIES 230

Hello alcopop

Your Private Message came through, But it had no details on 

Can you please send it again 

Gareth_L

Hi I have been reading your posts with interest, I’m in the process of getting a new deal or signing up my wife as a new customer, I rang them today and was not offered a good deal at all, originally paying £34 a month it Is due to go up to £61, they offered sky one and two plus movie 24 for £55, not impressed. My contract ends on the 5/1/2022 can I cancel now and register my wife as a new customer with hopefully the changeover on the 6/1/2022? 

I havn’t told them yet I’m cancelling although I did mention it, but to no avail.

i started to fill a new registration in my wife’s name, they offered a £50 credit to encourage me to fill in the form, seems like a no brainer, bit worried about change over  period.

thanks 

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Several issues for you:

You must give 30 days notice.

New contract = new equipment and loss of any recordings.

Your wife, the ‘new’ customer will be credit checked.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi @Barry2021,

Thank you for your post. We're here to help.

If you're unhappy with your current package for any reason, I would recommend speaking with our retentions department on 0345 454 1111 (or 150 from a Virgin Media landline), as we're unable to process upgrades and package changes from here. I assure you that the team will have plenty of existing customer offers that they can discuss with you.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Rang them today, very helpful chap from Glasgow, as soon as I mentioned the forum, I got a better deal, costing me just a pound more than what I was paying.
Very happy customer now, I was shocked to hear the amount of gb’s that are used in my household, I might have to upgrade to 200mbs at some stage.
Probably having 2 grandchildren living with me and smart tv’s
Happy New Year all stay safe.

Hi @Barry2021,

Thank you for the update on this. I'm really glad to hear that we were able to hook you up with a deal that you're happy with.

Enjoy the rest of your day.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

nmtd
On our wavelength

Hopefully below will give people some negotiation pointers.

Current contract was ending on 12/1/22 - I am on a BB/TV/PH package inc Sky Sports, and package price was increasing by 75%

• First 'fact finding call' last week to retentions offer £5 off new package price but said I could initiate cancellation after 6/1/22 - I rejected the offer.
  • Second call (after 6/1/22) - automated message offering £9/m off - rejected - connected to agent and then offered £16/m off - both rejected - asked to be put through to 'disconnections', and the call ironically was disconnected!
  • Third call - no automated offer - asked to be put through to 'disconnections' - and I get put through to 'retentions level 2'

Now the bartering really started, and essentially ended up very close (within 5%) of the new customer price on main website. To avoid the hassle of changeover to an alternative provider, resigning up as my partner, or losing saved TV recordings etc I went with it. 

Just be polite, know what alternatives are in the market, and negotiate. You'll most likely get a positive result.

I am waiting in the line for about about 40 mins now to talk to the retention team...

I am very upset  that my bill almost doubled in a time my mental health state did not allow me to call and discuss a better charge... I am really thinking to either cancel my current account and open one in my wife's name or move to the new Sky 500.

My call was finally answered and the only thing I was offered was to be exempt of the price hike that is going to land soon for Virgin customers...
Not good enough, so I will either get my wife ordering a new virgin package or I am moving to SKY 500... 

The price hike exemption, make sure you get it in writing if you stay that is. Been there and bought the T shirt.