cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancel and my partner join as new customer

silentg1971
Dialled in

my contract is coming to an end and since virgin have zero interest in giving me better deal after 20 years plus with them .

I am rarely at home anyway with work but if my partner wants virgin services and pays for it herself, can she get the new customer deals

230 REPLIES 230

I was originally a Yorkshire cable customer then NTL & continued when VM took over.
Over the last 2 weeks I’ve spent 3 calls  a maximum 1hr minimum 48mins, 50mins just get through to someone. 1st call 48mins waiting after the first few mins of call disconnected, 2nd call the person didn’t seem interested in keeping me has a customer, offered me a more expensive package.

finally after 1hr I got to speak with someone who listened, he got the cost of new contract within a couple of £ of what I would be happy with, he said he could only give me the deal 3/2/22 as he got extra allowance next month, no surprise NO CALL BACK. 
The annoying thing is my son in law got his package reduced by over 1/2 with no difficulty first call.

Hi @Mickeymicron thanks for posting and welcome back to our community.

Sorry to hear you've been having issues getting a deal, right for you.  From reading you post am it's my understanding this still is not sorted?  If it's not, I really am sorry.  I can say the best time to call our teams (certainly on weekdays) is as close to 8:00am as conveniently possible.

Regards

Lee_R

I’ll give it a try & let you know what happens

Contacted VM @ 8:00am like suggested, got same TV,Telephone & BB was increased. Very happy with the deal.

Glad to hear this @Mickeymicron!

If you need help with anything else, please do not hesitate to post again on the forums. 

All the best, 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Don’t think there’s any issue with what you’re  

doing - the following is from virgins own site. The way it reads is that if you start a new account the following day after the old account has been closed then is no problem at all!

Can you re-join Virgin Media after leaving?

You'd need to give thirty days notice to cancel and then have no service at your address, before being able to re-join as a new customer again.

How long does it take before the address officially has no service. 

Once all the equipment is returned and the disconnection date has passed is that considered no service? 

We’ve just done this again, for like the 10th time. Cancelled in my name, disconnection day was March 14th. New installation in my partner’s name on March 15th. 

so the answer to how long there has to be no service at the address = 0 days - despite VM coming up with different timescales of 1 month, 3 months or 6 months.

Yh but surely they will see the address isn't a new customer and when they check this they will not honour the price as a new customer 

I thought there has to be certain time it needs to stay disconnected 

BFULLER1
On our wavelength

Just to point out again, Jonn, just done this again. 

Total amount of time with no service at the address was a little over 13 hours, with installation of the new equipment in my partner’s name the day following disconnection of the old account. 

Care to retract your earlier statement, and remove your post for supplying totally inaccurate and erroneous information?