cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What Is Going On? TNT Sports

Graham19481
Tuning in

I have, for a number of years, had the Virgin Big Kahuna package, and my 18 month contract expired this month. I was invited to renew at the existing rate of £89p.m. (from an increase to £111.00) which I duly did.

An email sumary dated 13 January clearly states New Services: (blank) Removed Services: (blank) which to me is quite clear - the package hasn't changed.

However, tuning in to TNT Sports today (13 Janaury) it states it is a subscription channel and I am unable to receive this channel. If nothing has changed in my package, why can I not see TNT Sports?

[MOD EDIT: Subject title changed for clarity]

6 REPLIES 6

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Graham19481 

The  Big Kahuna package (which was introduced in 2014) was superceded by the Full House, VIP packages and the more recently named Ultimate Oomph and Ultimate Volt packages which are all obsolete.

VM made a number of package changes on 1st September last year, one of which was the that the Ultimate Volt (and it's earlier named incursions which includes your Big Kahuna package) is no longer sold. The Mega Volt bundle was introduced instead. Along with that the TNT Sports was removed from all packages for new and regrading customers, and is now only available as standalone extra - the usual price of which is an additional £18 per month, although you should be able to negotiate a further discount to add that service.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thanks for taking the time to reply newapollo. However, this is what was stated on the notice I received 'Renew today and get the same package for just a little extra a month*. Don’t miss out!'

To me it's clear, the same package. What I have been given was a lesser package at the same rate as when I had BT/TNT. That can't be right and I look forward to hearing what Virgin may say in reply as an additional £216 per year as it would work out is not acceptable.

They offered me a renewal, as I have stated on 'the same package'.

IMG_1726.jpeg

Hi Graham19481,

Thanks for posting, and sorry for any confusion regarding your new package. What newapollo has advised is the correct information. 

However, so I can get a few more details from you, I've popped you over a private message.

Alex_Rm

Thanks for adding the notice, Harley2017, it is appreciated.

Hi Alex

why do you think that there’s any confusion?

I have had four emails ( see photo ) It’s very clear that VM are making false promises!!

IMG_1726.jpeg