cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Secondary email password reset

Jethro
Joining in

I am having problems resetting the password of a secondary email address.

I have tried Forgotten your Password? | Reset Here | Virgin

...but my answer to the security question was not accepted. I have called 150 and gotten through to a call centre, but they have no access to secondary email addresses.

I am at a loss as to what to try next. All suggestiosn gratefully received!

24 REPLIES 24

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Kitch88 Secondary account passwords now have to be changed via the individual My Virgin Media account for each specific email address.

It is a bit of a tedious process compared to the old method.

Sign out of any account that you may be logged into then sign back into My Virgin Media using the email address concerned and current password.  Click on Update settings then account details then edit to the right of password.

If you don't have the current password then you may be able to use the forgotten password route, but that requires password recovery questions to have been set.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi Travis_M

I do not have an error message, there simply is no option to do it! We had an email from virgin stating the secondary email had been locked due to suspected malware on the device (there is none) and now my partner is unable to access her email and we cannot remember the password. We cannot reset the password as as others have experienced there is no longer an option to do this online...or if there is I cannot find it.

I pretty much only remain with Virgin to keep my email addresses, if Virgin insist on making my life difficult to do the basics then I may as well take the hit and move to a different provider.

Regards

Lee West

V6 1TB x3 Panasonic TX-75HX940B Panasonic Soundbar.

Thanks Graham_A

Why they had to change it I don't know - it was a good system !!

Hopefully what you suggest will work.

Q: How do I sign out of my secondary email account when I use Outlook... ??

Cheers.
JON...

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Kitch88 You don't need to sign out of the account in Outlook, my sign out comment only relates to being signed in to a Virgin Media account via a web browser.

By the way the changes were made to increase security for secondary accounts, apparently.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks for coming back to us @lwest3407

I would be happy to take a further look into this for you but would need to confirm a few details via private message, please look out for my message and we can get started.
Regards,
Steven_L

Steven_L, I have exactly the same problem, I am unable to reset the password on one of my four secondary accounts.

Hey @Rudders60,

Welcome back to the community and thanks for taking the time to post.

I can take a further look into this for you but would need to confirm a few details via private message or PM for short, please look out for my message and we can get this looked into.
Regards

Steven_L

No problem @Rudders60, glad that you have been able to get this resolved.

Regards,

Steven_L

Yet again you have locked out my second email account and yet again I have to go through this ridiculous process. Virgin I doing a great job of driving me elsewhere, massive price hike and then lock me out of my account again, very very tedious.

There is no malware on my device, why it asked for a password who knows and the password we set back in September (wrote it down) was not accepted.

To say I am fed up with Virgin is an understatement.

Regards

Lee West

V6 1TB x3 Panasonic TX-75HX940B Panasonic Soundbar.

Hi @lwest3407 thanks for your post here, although we're sorry to hear of your concerns raised regarding your email.

If this has happened, it will be due to a security risk that we identified but I can appreciate this is frustrating.

If you can try to reset the password on the email account to a brand new, unused one, this usually unlocks the account within an hour.

Many thanks

Tom_W