cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still no emails on IPhone or tablet since outage in June 2023

rmcd
Tuning in

Has anyone managed to get their emails back on iPhone and tablets etc? My husband is the primary account holder and I am the secondary, however my emails came back ok after the recent outage, he has none on either devices, he has to login online to see his emails. We are existing customers since it was ntlworld and never had any such problems before outage. We have made 12 telephone calls and had an engineer, nothing has helped. We were out through to gadget rescue to resolve who told us we need to subscribe and pay £20 then £5 per month!!! We are outraged!!! Please help!!!! 

7 REPLIES 7

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey rmcd, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry to hear this.

Please can you confirm if you have the setting turned which lets you see all your past emails and not the setting where it limits it to 2 weeks or a month for example.

If it working when you login online it might be this setting that needs changing, please do let us know. Cheers 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Hi what do you mean? Haven’t changed anything like that. This doesn’t help with the fact that my husband has received no emails on iphone OR tablet since outage. Engineer also managed to lose all folders and emails on these devices. 
rmcd

Hi @rmcd thanks for your reply, we're sorry about the confusion.

We are aware that this issue is still ongoing - we're working to resolve things ASAP.

Many thanks for your patience.

Tom_W

WE HAVE BEEN TOLD THIS ON EACH CALL. IT SIMPLY ISN’T TRUE. WE HAVE BEEN TOLD SO MANY FIXES AND PROMISES, BUT NOTHING CHANGES. ITS ALL LIES. 

THIS PROBLEM WAS CAUSED BY THE OUTAGE AND IS THEREFORE THE RESPONSIBILITY OF VIRGIN BUT THE TRUTH IS VIRGIN DON’T CARE AND ARE NOT DOING ANYTHING TO RECTIFY THIS ISSUE!!!

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

We can assure you, our team are doing all they can to have this resolved as quickly as possible. 

We appreciate this must be frustrating and apologise for any inconvenience caused. 

Nat

Why are you saying this again? No one knows how to fix it. Virgin just want us to pay for gadget rescue and even then I doubt it would’ve fixed. Its nearly 5 weeks now and all Virgin are saying is the outage has been resolved!!

Why are you saying this again? No one knows how to fix it. Virgin just want us to pay for gadget rescue and even then I doubt it would’ve fixed. Its nearly 5 weeks now and all Virgin are saying is the outage has been resolved!!