cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does anyone know how to restore historic emails to an ntlworld accout?

Deb33
Joining in

Was locked out of my email account yesterday. I followed the steps to change the password and restore it on the virgin media website. All seemed fine then a couple of hours later all historic emails disappeared. Can anyone help please?

7 REPLIES 7

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Deb33 

Welcome to the community forums

Sorry to hear that your historic emails have disappeared. 

Do you see them at all when you are logged into our webmail or if you're on a client like Gmail or outlook?  

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

No I can’t see them at all however I try to view them

Does exiting the account and logging back in restore the mailbox at all @Deb33?

If not, it is that you have no historical data/emails prior to the 19th of June or are missing some mails from before the 19th June?  

We did have an outage affecting emails and the historic data recently, so could be related. 

Here to help 🙂
Carley

No the box doesn’t restore. The previous problem did affect us but that seemed to be resolved. However I can no longer access any emails sent before yesterday evening.

Okay, thanks for confirming @Deb33 

Please join me on private message so I can take the mailbox affected and raise this with the team to investigate further. 

Here to help 🙂
Carley

@Deb33  You can see your private messages at the top of the page, in the envelope icon or if you're using a smaller device, you can see your private messages by clicking on the Virgin Media logo at the top right and select 'Messages' from the drop down. 

Here to help 🙂
Carley

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thank you for joining me on private message @Deb33 

I have now raised this for you to be investigated further. Please let us know if you are having any further issues or have any questions at all. We'll be here to help on the community forums if needed :). 

Here to help 🙂
Carley