cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot verify account or reset password!

stephenluya58
Joining in

For the last 18+ months, I have never been able to verify my My Virgin Media account. Every time I log in I get the message saying my email is not verified, and to open the link in my emails to do so. However I do not have any verification email to open! So I try to reset my password - every single reset password email I receive is instantly expired. I try to call customer services and they ask for my spoken word which I do not remember as I must have set it when creating my account, therefore making an endless loop of being stuck and not being able to receive any help. Any suggestions here? Many thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@stephenluya58 

One of the Forum Team (VirginMedia staff) should be able to help in getting this resolved for you.

They would normally get to new posts within a day or so but with the holiday period there will be fewer of them on duty and for restricted hours.

Just a note re "I try to call customer services and they ask for my spoken word which I do not remember" .Thankfully  I have not had to call VM Customer Services for quite a while but in my experience if you don't know your memorable word they usually take you through a series of security questions. The bank account that you use to pay your bill and details of your VM package for example, to confirm that you are the account holder. Possibly they did that with you but you could not provide the answers because you cannot access your My Virgin Media account. A "Catch 22" situation.

One of the Team will contact you via this forum thread but if you have not heard from them by Friday 29th Dec reply to this post and I'll escalate this to the Forum Team.

In the meantime have a great Christmas,

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@stephenluya58 

One of the Forum Team (VirginMedia staff) should be able to help in getting this resolved for you.

They would normally get to new posts within a day or so but with the holiday period there will be fewer of them on duty and for restricted hours.

Just a note re "I try to call customer services and they ask for my spoken word which I do not remember" .Thankfully  I have not had to call VM Customer Services for quite a while but in my experience if you don't know your memorable word they usually take you through a series of security questions. The bank account that you use to pay your bill and details of your VM package for example, to confirm that you are the account holder. Possibly they did that with you but you could not provide the answers because you cannot access your My Virgin Media account. A "Catch 22" situation.

One of the Team will contact you via this forum thread but if you have not heard from them by Friday 29th Dec reply to this post and I'll escalate this to the Forum Team.

In the meantime have a great Christmas,

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Is the verification email going to a sub-address, i.e. john.smith+subAddress@gmail.com ;(sub-address part is shown in bold text)? Yes, then that is the reason for the verification  link arriving in an expired state and to resolve the issue you need to use the email address without any sub-addressing, i.e. john.smith@gmail.com

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Select Mark as Helpful Answer or 🖒 Kudos to say thanks

I use my personal email with no sub address so unfortunately this isn’t the case but thanks anyways. Will have to wait for someone to contact me regarding this issue

Hey @stephenluya58 👋🏼 Thanks for reaching out to us and a warm welcome to the Virgin Media Community forums. 

I'm sorry to hear about the issues with MyVM.
I will assist you and get this sorted out.

I will send a private message.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thanks for speaking with us today @stephenluya58 on the VM forums. 👋🏼

I apologise as we could not get the My Virgin Media active after trying multiple email accounts.
We have raised this with our IT team after multiple failed attempts.

The IT team will take 5 days to get this resolved although it may be longer due to the holidays.
Reach out to us for any other queries and we'll assist.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

murstonmark
Joining in

Hi

I am having exactly the same problem, i never get the verification emails anymore. When i was getting them the links were all expired when i clicked on them. Tried talking to the people on the phone and they were no help, i want access to be able to make a complaint. i haven't even paid my first bill and i'm ready to leave Virgin already! They've lied to me about our deal and now the price has gone up before the first bill is paid! I'm within 30 days of the price increase notification so i think i can cancel without a penalty.

Hi @murstonmark 

Welcome back to our community forums and sorry to hear you are having issues with My VM and verification. We can understand the inconvenience caused. We can however see you are currently in private messages with a member of our team regarding this. Please remain in contact there and our team will do their best to get the service up and running again.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

murstonmark
Joining in

i'm not sure that conversation is going anymore.

The email has now been verified but i can't remember the password and when i go to change it it says:

You can’t reset your password online right now, as you don’t have additional details set up on your account