cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV 360 Box not starting up

LibbyMinoprio
Tuning in

Hello,

Hope someone can help. My Virgin TV 360 box is not starting up properly. The light on the power button remains on Amber. 

When turning off at the mains for more than 10 minutes, the TV seems to be turning back on an goes to the welcome start up screen with all welcome in all the languages, but then goes black and the problem remains.

I have also tried restarting our virgin WiFi, which had no effect.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

7 REPLIES 7

roy247
Community elder

You could try turning off the 360 with the switch on the back of the box, then on the 360 box press and hold down both the power button and the + button at the same time.

Then turn on the 360 again whilst keeping hold of those buttons for a further 30 seconds.

The box should reboot, the power button will turn blue, and it should reset and boot up normally.

If not then it will probably need a call to Virgin to report a faulty box, or wait for one of the forum team to respond which might be 2 to 3 days.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

IMHO it doesn't sound like yours is even getting to the stage where the software recovery mentioned above would work - but there's no harm trying it.

I'd want to eliminate the HDMI chain by testing another HDMI cable and also a different port on your TV.

If these all fail to resolve, then you probably do have a failed box which should be reported via the faults channel to secure a tech visit.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

afireworkdaze
Joining in

I have this exact same issue. Virgin Media on Twitter keep telling me it's their fault but it doesn't come up as a fault in their service status. It all started 5 days ago when there WAS a fault that has now apparently been fixed. When I asked Virgin Media told me they're working on it. 5 days later and no communication unless I bother them on Twitter we're still in the endless welcome page/signal lost loop. They've been useless! I wonder if it's the same issue?

Thanks Roy, tried this a couple of times but alas no success. Thank you for your advice. 

Thanks Japitts, I have tried a different HDMI, but the same issue remains

You can either call Virgin on 150 from a Virgin phone, mobile or landline, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone to report a fault, or wait here for one of the forum team to pick this up which might be 2 to 3 day's.

When phoning choose the option to report a fault, then ignore all the options offered and you should then be placed into a queue to speak to someone.

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums @LibbyMinoprio, and a very warm welcome to our Community Forums!

Sorry to hear of the issues experienced with the TV services and thanks for attempting to run diagnostics in your free time to see if this can be resolved.

Check out the envelope in the top right hand corner for a private message from me, and I'll be on hand to assist you further.

Thanks,

David_Bn