cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin TiVo box rebooting, slow to respond

cdvm
Tuning in

I’ve had a virgin TiVo box for a number of years and recently it has started to misbehave. Slow responses from commands sent from the remote even though I’ve changed the batteries. Regular (every few days) crashes where it’s just a black screen and has to be turned off at the wall to restart. Very lengthy restart time with multiple cycles through the welcome and starting up screens. And occasional reboots without any reboot command being sent to the box.

It is behaving as if it is overheating but it’s not hot. So perhaps hardware failure due to the age of the box? Not sure how to diagnose the issues further.

2 REPLIES 2

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @cdvm 

Any box that keeps rebooting needs changing as it's on the way out. 

The tivo's are now obsolete and faulty tivo's will be replaced free of charge for a V6 box (which also runs the tivo software system that you are used to) providing you also have broadband with VM (which you do as you have previous posts about problems with your hub3)

Have you used the /check-services/i  function? You can also a run a test on your equipment from there and it might order a replacement box for you, or connect you to tech support .

You either need to contact tech support (option 2) when calling 150 from a VM landline or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone - after selecting option 2 ignore all the options and don't press any buttons then you should be placed into a queue and an agent should pick up the phone and book the tech for you to exchange the box. (You might be offered a switch to a 360 box, they are the same as the V6 box but run on a different software system (horizon) which lacks some of the functions of the tivo/V6 boxes which are copyright to tivo.

Or wait a day or two and a member of the Forum Team should pick this up for you and arrange a tech visit.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi cdvm,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome back, it has been a while, hope you ave kept well. sorry to see your TiVo box is playing up, so we can help, so I can help I have sent an invite into a private chat, please look out for the white envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.