cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Audio Sync problem with new 360 box

MrUnhappy2
On our wavelength

I have had the new V6 /360 box for 10 days and have problems with the audio synchronisation.

My TV is a 4 year old 50" Sony Bravia with Sony sound bar. When I had the Tivo and the model before it I never had any problems.

The audio is okay with the soundbar off but when using the soundbar the audio drifts after about 5 mins. I have tried Dolby On/Off settings , audio delay set to 20m/sec and follow audio On/Off. All work for 5 mins then drift. 

I have telephoned Virgin on 2 occasions the 2nd time getting through to their 2nd tier support. Went through all the power down re-boot etc  but still the same issues.

Anyone else have this problem and any suggestions?

Thnks

365 REPLIES 365

Jamesredfern - can you recommend something in dolby on the tv that’s really out of sync so I can check?

NeilG10
On our wavelength
Just found the sound input info on my Bose app, just watching Day Shift on Netflix, says my Bose 900 Soundbar is receiving Atmos.

Are you set to 5.1pcm? This happened to me on apps but live tv downmixed to 2.0pcm.  Try a Sky Movie Channel which out outs 5.1 most of the tine. 

I have it set to follow content, just watching ‘Spider-Man no way home’ on sky cinema, lip sync is spot on and Bose is receiving Dolby Digital 5.1

Hi jamesredfern,

What's your current TV and soundbar and connection setup with the 360 box.

@NeilG10 wrote:
I have it set to follow content, just watching ‘Spider-Man no way home’ on sky cinema, lip sync is spot on and Bose is receiving Dolby Digital 5.1

Sounds like you're sorted then. Either 360 update or bose update. I would have thought if the 360 update included a fix it would have been in the release notes. Mine hasbt changed. 

@roy247 wrote:

Hi jamesredfern,

Current is 

Samsung Q600A to tv. 360 box to Q600A hdmi in. 

What I'm testing is

Q600A to tv. 360 box to TV. 

TV is Pjillips. All hdmi are arc. 

NeilG10
On our wavelength
TV - hdmi 1
Bose 900 - hdmi arc

Just tried changing from ‘follow content’ to 5.1 pcm and Bose switches from Dolby Digital 5.1 to LPCM 5.1

@jamesredfern wrote:

@roy247 wrote:

Hi jamesredfern,

Current is 

What I'm testing is

Not suggesting this as a permanent solution just as a elimination exercise, if you just connect the 360 to the TV without using the soundbar is the sound in sync.

Another option you might have tried is 360 to soundbar to TV using a non arc HDMI connector.

Currently l have 360 connected to LG TV connected to LG soundbar using HDMI-ARC.

Mini box connected to Yamaha soundbar HDMI-IN to Samsung TV.

Prior to this the 360 was connected to a Sony soundbar HDMI-IN to the Samsung TV now connected to the mini box.

The mini box same set up but with a Sony TV.

No sound sync problems with any of these setups and sound set to follow content on 360.

@roy247 wrote:

@jamesredfern wrote:

@roy247 wrote:

Hi jamesredfern,

Current is 

What I'm testing is

Not suggesting this as a permanent solution just as a elimination exercise, if you just connect the 360 to the TV without using the soundbar is the sound in sync.

Another option you might have tried is 360 to soundbar to TV using a non arc HDMI connector.

Currently l have 360 connected to LG TV connected to LG soundbar using HDMI-ARC.

Mini box connected to Yamaha soundbar HDMI-IN to Samsung TV.

Prior to this the 360 was connected to a Sony soundbar HDMI-IN to the Samsung TV now connected to the mini box.

The mini box same set up but with a Sony TV.

No sound sync problems with any of these setups and sound set to follow content on 360.

I don't have a problem when the 360 is connected Ted directly to the soundbar only when 360 to tv and soundbar to tv.  Was a testing exercise to see if anything had changed.