cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues receiving OTP text messages

ModTeam

Hi All, 

We are aware that some customers may be experiencing issues receiving OTP text messages.

Our support team are investigating this issue and we will update this thread with any progress. 

Thanks

Mod Team

486 REPLIES 486

The problem I have is that I cannot set up my virgin mobile account as it will only send an SMS to my phone to authenticate.  I'm not receiving this message so cannot set up my account.  This is a Virgin Mobile authentication code on a Virgin Mobile phone.  I'm getting nowhere with trying to resolve this so cannot manage my account, make changes or do anything as I have no account to manage.  It's crazy.  I'm going to give it one more day and then escalate this to an ombudsman as it's completely unacceptable to be in this situation.

Hi @phillstevens thank for your reply - I know you'll see my PM to you in a short while.

I have just received an update however from the team.

We are not aware of any issues on the network s we, suggest you try again in 24 hours, if the message still fails then please let us know. Can you advise what you need help with in managing your account and we can take things from there?

Many thanks

Tom_W

I've been trying for 5 days to get this text.  It's not arriving without some sort of intervention from Virgin Mobile.  I've tried everything I can but nothing works.  I guess I'm off to the complaints department.  Do you at least have a contact for them?

"Can you advise what you need help with in managing your account and we can take things from there?'  As to this, I'd like to manage my own account rather than have to contact you through a forum every time I want to check my bills or make changes.  I'm actually really really unhappy with all of this, it not an acceptable way to operate.  There is clearly a problem with customers receiving OTP from anyone, including yourselves, which needs fixing.  This isn't a small glitch, it's not going to fix itself.  Virgin need to fix it.

Gg92
On our wavelength

Read my previous posts as I had the same issue for many months. Even a new sim didn't resolve the issue.

If all else fails, contact the Executive Team.

Good luck

phillstevens
On our wavelength

Thanks Gg92, do you have a contact for them, getting nowhere with this.

Gg92
On our wavelength

Hi Try contacting the Executive Team @ VM. Number is 0800 052 0264. They escalate your problem

phillstevens
On our wavelength

Thank you.  I'll give them a try.

phillstevens
On our wavelength

That number no longer works sadly, just refers you back to 150 who are less than useful.

Gg92
On our wavelength

Request / demand to speak to a member of the Executive Team. Virgin are fully aware of the issue that some of their customers suffer  

If you read my previous posts, there might be some useful information there for you to check on your phone settings etc.