cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin go app will not download anything

Stevemx
Joining in

Hi 

Virgin go app will not download anything.  I have tried multiple devices all at latest software.  Seems to be lots of threads about this over many months.  Have I made a massive mistake moving to virgin ? 

17 REPLIES 17

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I’m successfully downloading an episode of The Ark from Sky Sci-Fi. Can you try this, reporting in detail what happens? What were you trying to download?

IMG_2344.png

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Stevemx
Joining in

Hi I tried it and got the same message ‘unable to download item’. It’s happens every time.  🙁

Hi Stevemx 👋 welcome to the community! Thank you for posting. 

Sorry to hear about these issues with the TV GO app 👉 https://virg.in/tvgo. You can find a bit more information about the app and how to use it here 👉 Download Virgin TV Go & Virgin TV Control | Virgin Media

Just to best help us offer you further support it would be ideal to get some additional information about your issues with downloading programs, including;

- Examples of channels and shows you are trying to download recordings of which are not working for you. 

- The make and model devices you are using the app on 

- If you are connected to your home network when using the app 

- If the shows you are trying to download are already recorded on your TV box

We can then take away specific examples to look into and offer further help. Thanks for your patience in the meantime! Wishing you all the best. 🌞

Molly

Hi 

I am on the home network, using an iPhone 13 on software 16.1.2

i have tried multiple different channels and the recommended downloads all the same result.

E116741A-4E62-406F-A82B-F81277EB9B31.png

Thank you @Stevemx 

Are you able to provide specific examples of channels and programmes where this has happened? 

Are the programmes you are trying to download already recorded? 

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

No problem downloading that program on iPad, running iPadOS 16.5.1.

Your TV bundle does include Sky Comedy?

IMG_2346.png

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Tried on iPad same software 16.5.1

still not working, bundle includes Sky Comedy.  I have tried loads of different channels all the same 😬

1FA09165-F16D-442C-9739-FEAF90D6AC1B.jpeg

Please see examples below, programmes are not already recorded.  
it’s literally any program I try on any channel 

A8B48E1A-9E86-4B4B-899C-594A35EDA514.jpeg

Strange, you're suing the same device and app version as Ernie_C who isn't experiencing the same issue. Maybe a setting on the iPad, Private Address maybe that's causing this?

Rob