cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can’t download on virgin go app (Under Investigation)

Prkendrick1
On our wavelength

I have been trying to download movies to watch offline on the Go app but just get a message saying download’s temporarily unavailable. 

I have been trying for several days on both my iPad and iPhone. 

I can steam fine and broadband is working fine so appears an issue with the app. 

145 REPLIES 145

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi MickS10, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the forums. 

I am sorry to hear of the issue you've been having here. This has been raised to the developers and is being looked into and is being taken seriously and I hope that we can provide an update soon. I apologise for the inconvenience and experience this has caused in the meantime. 

Cheers, 

Ryan.

Hi, and thanks for the reply.

Is this something which is only affecting certain users? You say the issue is being taken seriously but this thread began back in April and the problem remains.

Thanks for the reply @MickS10 on the forums. 👋🏼

This would depend on the number of reports raised about the issue and what devices it is affecting.
The team will be doing extensive testing to see where the issue lies, whether it is the software of the platform it is running on.

These can vary in timings depending on the nature of the issue.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Minhasa
On our wavelength

Didn't someone already tell you what the problem is and how to fix it weeks ago but you still don't seem to have done it!

Stop assuming we want to download UHD and then because we are sadly only subscribed to HD you refuse the download request. Either upgrade us all to UHD or fix your download software.

Andybassa
On our wavelength

4 weeks now and still not fixed VM said this was being investigated as a priority. Can anyone from VM give us an update on what’s happening plz?

Hi @Andybassa 

Sorry to hear that this is still ongoing for you. 

There is currently no further update on this to pass on. My apologies again for the delay. I can assure you the team is working on a resolution to fix this. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

New member of the forum. I’m having (and have had for months now) exactly the same issue as the others are reporting on this thread. I have iPhone 11Pro running iOS 16.5.1 and have Virgin tv go 4.34.4 installed. Have tried downloading several films to watch offline (top gun maverick, Babylon, black Adam, high heat, simulant) and get exactly the same error as everyone else is reporting. 
this is not an isolated issue, it is happening widespread. I only found this thread after getting frustrated (again) at not being able to download ahead of long journeys where being able to watch offline would have been very useful. As others have said, we pay a small fortune for this service and are not getting what we are paying for. Either fix the damn thing or admit that it doesn’t work and offer some sort of rebate. This thread started in April (APRIL **bleep**) and still not fixed nor anything offered. If I did that to my customers they would all have left my business by now and I’d be bankrupt. 
do the right things guys and sort this out!

thanks,

Unhappy bloke!

Hi MillardRM,

A warm welcome and thanks for posting on our community forums. We fully appreciate the frustration caused and understand you would like a resolution to this on going issue.

Our team are aware of this and are working to fix this matter as quickly as possible.

Kind regards Jodi. 

Thanks for your reply. 
By when can we expect to have this problem fixed?
Please ask the team who is working on this to give a target date for completion. 

We will pass on your question to the team MillardRM. 

Unfortunately, we have no further updates at this time.

Kind regards Jodi.