cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Can't log on sky sports

johnersis
Joining in

I'm having a similar problem and I'm getting angry now . . . I log on to Sky Sports on my Mac as I have always done using the Virgin login, hit 'Watch Sky Sports' and I now get asked to sign in again. So I try to sign in and I get taken back to the same login page as always. It's just an endless loop. In common with millions of others my browser is Firefox. Virgin helpfully suggested I try a different browser.  Safari? Doesn't work. Chrome? Download hell and it doesn't work. I'm paying for something here that I'm not getting. Sky Sports work fine on my TV. Come on, Virgin, sort this out.

3 REPLIES 3

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello Johnersis,

We're sorry to hear of the problems experienced watching Sky Sports via a browser on your Mac, we appreciate you raising this via the forums and welcome to the computer.

We provide the services via your set top box, you have advised these work fine and it is only the Mac you're having issues with. The ability to watch via an app is a value-added benefit to your subscription and although you are experiencing issues, you have confirmed yourself it is only via your Mac.

We can see you have spoken to the team in regard to this, what did they advise during the conversation?

Rob

johnersis
Joining in

I was advised to wait for a call from the Gadget Rescue Team which, thus far, has not happened.

Hi Johnersis 👋 Thanks for getting back to us. 

The gadget rescue team don't generally make outbound calls, sincerest apologies if you were advised of this! You can speak to them via 0800 014 7398 or You can chat to a Gadget Rescue expert online . We can also transfer you through to gadget rescue when calling via 📞 0345 454 1111 or 150 from a VM landline.

If you haven't tried it already, it can also sometimes be worth doing a password change on your My VM 👉 virg.in/myVM account to see if this resolves the issue too! 

It could also be to do with any pop-up blockers or firewall settings on your mac. Sadly as you have confirmed the service is working fine on your TV box and other devices, this does mean the cause is 3rd party equipment, we are a bit limited with what support we can provide for this. 

Wishing you all the best 🌞

Molly