cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removal of outside box and cabling

DashS
Joining in

I am not a Virgin customer but have a box and very large unsightly cabling going across my garden how do I get both removed?

97 REPLIES 97

Sue12345678
Joining in

I no longer use virgin media and have a junction box that has fallen off the wall. No one has touched the box I don’t think it was fitted correctly. 
It has wires showing and looks unsafe. Just called up and they want me to pay for an engineer. Which I do not think is fair. How do I get the box and cables removed? 

Hi Sue12345678

Thanks for your post 

As a rule we need to keep the box on the property as its classed as a utility 

I can look at getting this tidied up and secured with no charge 

If you are happy to do that, check the purple envelope for a private message 

I would need to take the location and contact details 

Gareth_L

Hi Gareth_L

I am an ex-customer of Virgin Media.

There appear to be some issues with the Virgin Media external wiring on our property. The first is the cabling from the pavement to the house exterior - the black cabling is above ground and loose/insecure, and as such is a trip hazard over the driveway boundary where people cross to enter and exit our property. The second is the brown cable box fixed to the wall - both the wiring into the box and cover itself are loose/insecure and untidy.

I would be most grateful to know if there is any potential for these problems to be relayed to an area manager for resolution?

Thanks

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Anony_mouse, 

Thank you for your reply. I am sorry to hear this regarding the wiring do you have some images of this so we can get an idea of the issue? And see if we can get someone to remove it?

Zoie

Hi Zoie

Thanks for your message.

Please find attached photographs as requested.

The first is of the loose cabling that extends from the pavement to the driveway wall - along the boundary where people can walk into the driveway.

The second is of the brown box fixed to the house wall, with redundant cabling that is free/not utilised.

Thank you

Thank you for those pictures anony_mouse. 

What I will do now is private message you to get some details so we can look to get some out to sort this out. 

^Martin

Pickle2019
Joining in

I have a similar problem to others on here. I moved to a house that previously had Virgin. I don't, and don't forsee expecting to sign up in the future. The green cable cover is snaking down my drive under gravel, but it keeps coming to the surface as vehicles drive over it and it becomes a hazard. 

Is it possible to have the cable disconnected in the road? I am happy to remove the cable and the brown box myself. There are no cables coming into the house any more.

Thank you

Hi @Pickle2019,

Welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for your post. 

I am sorry to hear this. Would you mind sharing some pictures and we can take it from there?

Many thanks

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Marzia
Joining in

I need to remove the cable and antenna/aerial on my flat, someone need to come ? 

795282E9-1252-47A7-8283-09A34B7627AB.jpeg

Hey @Marzia, thanks for reaching out to us.

Regarding the aerial - we wouldn't be able to take that off as we haven't supplied those nor have we previously.
For the cable - are you able to confirm whether or not it is a Virgin Media cable?
Check to see if it is connected to an Omnibox, our small outside wall sockets which usually lead directly inside to an internal wall socket, depending on how old the socket is, it may have other names, such as Nynex, or NTL.
If it is a BT Openreach master socket, then they will need to take that out.

Let us know and we'll be able to assist further.

Kind regards.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs