cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removal of outside box and cabling

DashS
Joining in

I am not a Virgin customer but have a box and very large unsightly cabling going across my garden how do I get both removed?

97 REPLIES 97

Hi John GS is there an email address I can contact virgin media on as there does not seem to be a an enquiry email address on the website. 

That’s fair enough Goslow. At the same time I feel nobody is listening to me and when I phoned customer care he was very unhelpful saying I should phone previous owner of home to find out who gave permission. 

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@Bigryan85 wrote:

That’s fair enough Goslow. At the same time I feel nobody is listening to me and when I phoned customer care he was very unhelpful saying I should phone previous owner of home to find out who gave permission. 

At the risk of now contradicting myself and replying on a parallel topic .... your original topic has gone unanswered from the VM forum team!!!

You have provided good information and photos of the issue on your original topic

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/QuickStart-set-up-and/Wayleave/m-p/4861530

I agree that the cabling across your property looks a mess. Unfortunately that is not untypical of many VM installations that end up on here as photos.

The fact that the cables emerge from a chamber in the ground does suggest they were put there in a planned and organised manner (maybe even going back to the days of the cable TV companies)

You actually need the VM forum team to refer your issue to one of the local area managers to visit to look at what is installed on your property, confirm how it got there and what permission is in place and then agree some sort of action (the very least of which would be to tidy it up to an acceptable standard).

So how do I get a Virgin Media Area Manager to contact me regarding this. I don’t want to leave Virgin. I’ve had great service so I have no issues other than the mess that has been left over years. 

Hi John yea I am a Virgin Media Customer can you advise me on this matter please. Thank you.

Hi @Bigryan85

Welcome back to our community forums.

Sorry to hear about the frustration caused when trying to contact us. We want to best help regarding this cabling issue. 

I have been able to access your account and I can see you have recently been in contact with our team about the cabling. What was discussed with our phone team? Do you need any further help?

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Akua I have had no further help with this issue. The person on the phone did not help me in the slightest. I would need an area manager to look at this situation as I have the main hub for about 8 other homes. The cabling is very dangerous and I’m surprised that it was done or completed like this. I don’t want to leave and I don’t want a fall out I just want a plan in place to try and resolve this. If someone could contact me on the mobile number in my account that would be grand. 

Hi John can you provide me with an email address so I can contact Virgin Media regarding this as there appears to be no email address on the website at all. 

Hey Bigryan85,

Thanks for reaching out to us and welcome back, we are sorry we do not have a email address to provide for this, so we can reach out for you to the correct team I would need to invite you into a private chat, there will be a charge for the box relocation however we would first need to arrange for someone to come and asses this which is also chargeable?

I will send a invite shortly, please click on the purple envelope to accept?

Regards

Paul.

Hi Paul can I ask why I will be charged for this considering I seem to be connecting 8 other virgin media customers and I know my neighbour is using this connect to connect his virgin television. I don’t believe I’m asking a lot for an area manager to come and inspect this situation. I’m wanting landscape the garden so this is going to be a major obstacle. I will attach photos again for reference. 

636FEA5B-A5BF-483C-A826-EAB92FD852B1.jpeg

35B12B27-015E-4D3E-B27F-6B22F5B3C342.jpeg

A2F911B5-3DF1-45F2-9D86-B5296AE54B4F.jpeg