Did you mean: 

Wayleave

Bigryan85
Tuning in

477E5AE5-82B3-4CA8-9D58-DC5EC7FA7EF9.jpeg

BA43D8D1-3CD7-44EC-9A2E-6A1B71B451AF.jpeg

54AA8ADC-4AD7-4F52-837A-EB122917FE9F.jpeg

9AEC648C-58C3-4591-8728-08FBBD777320.jpeg

I’m looking for information on how I get a tv cable removed from my attic as I only have and want internet. There is no facility to email virgin media team. I also have this box in my back garden and I would like to see the written permission or wayleave for this to be installed in my garden with out my knowledge.I’m planning too rip out my whole back garden and this will not be part of it. 

8 REPLIES 8

Richw1982
Rising star

If your already a VM customer, then you have granted wayleave/permission in your contract, even if you only have internet it still requires that box on the external wall and cabling to it, as said would have been agreed and signed in your contract with them.  The previous home owner may have also been a customer so would have also granted the permission

I work for VMO2 but all opinions are my own and are based on my own experiences

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

If that really is a TV aerial cable running down the wall it will be nothing to do with Virgin. 

There are so many cables there that it may be they are connecting other properties besides yours.  This really needs a technician to visit to check where they are all going. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Virgin media own the cable box. It does connect to other properties. I will contact them tomorrow and if they don’t do something about it I will not allow access to my property for anyone with issues from now on. It’s not on my house title deeds. 

So what you are saying is that I cannot do anything about this situation. It’s a total disgrace the way the whole area has been left. How virgin can thing that is acceptable is beyond me 

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Based on similar past topics on here, you need the VM forum team to arrange a visit from a local VM manager to look at the installation(s) and advise what can be done about it. I'd agree the cabling is an unsightly mess. Presumably the inspection cover in the ground was installed before your time as the property owner.

The forum team should reply here in a day or two to advise.

For a piece of network infrastructure like that to be located on your property I would be amazed if there isn't a wayleave agreement in place, but it's down to VM to locate it.

Bear in mind if you force VM to remove it they would be within their rights to mark your property as unserviceable, so check that you have other internet options before going down this route.

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

If a wayleave has ever been given, it will still be valid and VM will have it filed.  It can't be cancelled simply by someone forgetting to tell a subsequent purchaser.   But I can't imagine VM would insist on maintaining it.

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Hi Jonny. I agree with what you are saying. It looks like over time previous tenants of the property my dad owned and my grandad before that have let them get on with it and the cables run out the back and to other properties in the street so effectively I have the main hub. I don’t want to leave I just want them to come out and say tidy it up 😂